1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking to purchase Tacoma S Runner

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by RACERX167, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Oct 4, 2013 at 7:06 PM
    RACERX167

RACERX167 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fritz
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Pre-Runner 3.4
    I currently have a 2004 TRD Tacoma Pre-Runner V-6 but am looking to add something a little sportier to the stable. With that being said, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a solid Tacoma S-Runner at? I am open to normally aspirated or supercharged applications? However, I can't emphasize enough that I don't want something that has been thrashed on its whole life. Just a nice, solid, well cared fro and maintained S-Runner.

Please let me know what you have and if it is easier feel free to email me @ mx4life167@hotmail.com with info.

I truly appreciate the help!!

Rob Polz

2. Oct 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    661prerunner

661prerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Clarita
    Vehicle:
    01 prerunner
    FabTech C/Os, Solo tubular UCAs (on order)Solo spindles(not installed) Glassworks front and rear, made by me Rocksliders, Premier Navi,
    S runner is correct dont know much. But there rare and colormatched. so if its red even the grill is red

3. Oct 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits gentleman and a scholar

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    - OME suspension - Custom front/rear tube bumpers - 33x12.5r15 BFG KOs - Deckplate mod + AFE reusable filter - Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, chopped before leaf spring - Toyota Horns emblem by Diaz Fabrication - Pioneer stereo and new speakers + 10" sub - camper shell
    I think S Runners are supercharged from the factory I believe.

Are you looking specifically for an S Runner or a good 5 lug build?

4. Oct 4, 2013 at 8:28 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    There was not very many produced - shit, I've only ever seen half a dozen in person...
    The S Runner is essentially the 1st gen X Runner and IIR they did not come factory with the s/c for the 3.4 but it could be added.

5. Oct 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM
    RACERX167

RACERX167 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fritz
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Pre-Runner 3.4
    From 2001-2004 Toyota produced the "S-Runner" model in limited numbers. It is based off the 2WD extended cab Tacoma. Toyota then added the 5VZ-FE V-6 engine and a "5 speed only" manual transmission as well as a bunch of other mods that are exclusive to this model only and call it the "S-Runner". Alot of guys that own these trucks put on the 3.4L TRD supercharger that is available through Toyota. That is why I stated that I am looking for one that is either supercharged or normally aspirated.

From 2005-2013 Toyota produced the "X-Runner" which is basically the same style platform as mentioned above, but comes with the 4.0 liter engine and "6 speed only" transmission. Toyota's TRD 4.0 liter supercharger will also fit this model. Sadly, Toyota has discontinued this model for 2014.

Just a little history for you guys that were trying to guess what exactly I was referring to. I have driven both of these trucks in both applications and because of the lower center of gravity and minimal power to weight ratio are just a BLAST to drive!! If you would like, do some research for yourselves and check out some of the TRD supercharged X-Runner videos on You Tube. Some of the numbers these little trucks are putting up are quite impresive to say the least.

Enjoy!!

6. Oct 5, 2013 at 5:44 PM
    Aquatic Tacoma

Aquatic Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Odessa, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Dbcb , 2004 Tacoma S-Runner
    Both are Stock - built correct from the start.
    I've been looking for a non thrashed one myself for a while. There's a couple on adhuntr, but all look beat or far, far away. Go luck on your search.

7. Oct 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    RACERX167

RACERX167 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fritz
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Pre-Runner 3.4
    I am not familiar with ad hunter? Can you please educate me a bit. I don't mind the drive if it is worth it?

Thanks

8. Oct 7, 2013 at 6:19 AM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
  9. Oct 7, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    Aquatic Tacoma

Aquatic Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Odessa, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Dbcb , 2004 Tacoma S-Runner
    Both are Stock - built correct from the start.

Adhuntr.com = It's a search site that lets you search the whole country at once using multiple websites such as craigslist.com from one search box.

10. Jun 25, 2014 at 8:39 PM
    tacomadude1212

tacomadude1212 Member

Member:
    virginia
    2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner Ext CAB V6, 5 speed, well maintained, with 98,000 miles. Comes with power door locks and windows, am-fm cd player, power seat. Has recent fluids changed with Mobile one synthetic, new belts,new timing belt and water pump, and tune-up with NGK iridium plugs and wires. gets excellent gas mileage Toyota lowered a 4x2 X-cab pickup truck by an inch and fitted performance-minded Tokico gas shocks. Toyota other suspension mods include increased-rate springs, front and rear anti-sway bars, Toyota's 3.4L/190-hp DOHC V-6 is bolted to a five-speed manual gearbox.
    I have a S-runner that's in excellent condition for sale

Products Discussed in

To Top