Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Looking to purchase Tacoma S Runner

Old 10-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
RACERX167 is on a distinguished road
Name: Fritz
RACERX167's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to purchase Tacoma S Runner

I currently have a 2004 TRD Tacoma Pre-Runner V-6 but am looking to add something a little sportier to the stable. With that being said, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a solid Tacoma S-Runner at? I am open to normally aspirated or supercharged applications? However, I can't emphasize enough that I don't want something that has been thrashed on its whole life. Just a nice, solid, well cared fro and maintained S-Runner.

Please let me know what you have and if it is easier feel free to email me @ mx4life167@hotmail.com with info.

I truly appreciate the help!!

Rob Polz
Old 10-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
X runner ?
Old 10-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
661prerunner has a spectacular aura about661prerunner has a spectacular aura about

661prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
S runner is correct dont know much. But there rare and colormatched. so if its red even the grill is red
Old 10-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
I think S Runners are supercharged from the factory I believe.

Are you looking specifically for an S Runner or a good 5 lug build?
Old 10-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #6
S-Runner/X-Runner history

From 2001-2004 Toyota produced the "S-Runner" model in limited numbers. It is based off the 2WD extended cab Tacoma. Toyota then added the 5VZ-FE V-6 engine and a "5 speed only" manual transmission as well as a bunch of other mods that are exclusive to this model only and call it the "S-Runner". Alot of guys that own these trucks put on the 3.4L TRD supercharger that is available through Toyota. That is why I stated that I am looking for one that is either supercharged or normally aspirated.

From 2005-2013 Toyota produced the "X-Runner" which is basically the same style platform as mentioned above, but comes with the 4.0 liter engine and "6 speed only" transmission. Toyota's TRD 4.0 liter supercharger will also fit this model. Sadly, Toyota has discontinued this model for 2014.

Just a little history for you guys that were trying to guess what exactly I was referring to. I have driven both of these trucks in both applications and because of the lower center of gravity and minimal power to weight ratio are just a BLAST to drive!! If you would like, do some research for yourselves and check out some of the TRD supercharged X-Runner videos on You Tube. Some of the numbers these little trucks are putting up are quite impresive to say the least.

Enjoy!!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
The bees know...
Aquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to all

Navy: NavAir Reconn
Aquatic Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
S Runner

I've been looking for a non thrashed one myself for a while. There's a couple on adhuntr, but all look beat or far, far away. Go luck on your search.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #8
S-Runner

I am not familiar with ad hunter? Can you please educate me a bit. I don't mind the drive if it is worth it?

Thanks
Old 10-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #9
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Match made in heaven, this was only like a month ago:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...t-curious.html
Old 10-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #10
The bees know...
Aquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to all

Navy: NavAir Reconn
Aquatic Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACERX167 View Post
I am not familiar with ad hunter? Can you please educate me a bit. I don't mind the drive if it is worth it?

Thanks

Adhuntr.com = It's a search site that lets you search the whole country at once using multiple websites such as craigslist.com from one search box.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:39 PM   #11
tacomadude1212 is on a distinguished road
tacomadude1212's Tacoma Gallery
I have a S-runner that's in excellent condition for sale