1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stealer Strikes Again?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TheCookieMonster, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Oct 7, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    TheCookieMonster

TheCookieMonster [OP] cookies!!!!!!!!!!!

Member:
    North East
    Vehicle:
    1995 Hi Lux 22re 4x4 5speed
    Michelin MS2 K&N drop in filter
    Hey guys would like some input about my 2004 Taco situation,I have been getting a start up problem after refueling my truck,only after refueling the truck stumbles,idles roughly other wise it will start up and run like a champ. Ive researched and have found that my Charcoal Cannister is bad and pretty much confirmed by the stealer,it was my own fault by over filling the tank myself and not knowing the consequences till now. Anyways the service Dept. gave me a price for the RR of the canister. Part#77740-04010 Charcoal canister $362.30 and labor is $338 (not removing the tank or bed)to do,total=w/tax $700 bills. I can get an OEM canister online for $255 free ship CAMELBACK Toyota parts should I let the stealer do the Labor for $338 or keep looking for a better install price somewhere else that would be about $600 bills to do. I would like to do the work myself but I feel its a little over my head if anyone has any input or has replaced their canister how hard is it without removing the tank or bed,they said it can be done but its not very easy to do.

Products Discussed in

To Top