1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Please help diagnose some noises...

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by taconator911, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Oct 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM
    taconator911

taconator911 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Labrador
    Vehicle:
    4x4 ext cab V6
    aisin hubs, adj coilover, uniball UCA's, aftermarket clutch HD, scan guage 2, aftermarket muffler, 285/75/R16 BFG, add-a-leaf, dbl dimm touch screen stereo, diff drop 1"
    As the title says I have a few different noises to clear up,

1) I installed a marlin crawler 1200# clutch and now I have some noises. In reverse only, with clutch engaged it goes "squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak" (say fast, lol, maybe churp). Also in forward gears when I let off gas or stomp on it, it goes "ting ting ting ting ting" (sounds like metal banging around, almost). The clutch works fine but these noises are loud :confused:. Also since I've done it my 4WD shifter does not work. It worked before but any binding on dry pavement or even tight turns on sand it would kabang and kick out back into 2WD. :eek: I know....

2) When I start my truck sometime its squeals like a belt squealing up front, give a shot of gas it goes away. I think it has to do with my blower motor because sometimes when Im driving along with blower motor on it'll start squealing and I turn off the blower motor and it stops squealing instantly.

It anyone could set me in the right direction on these noises or have delt with can you help me diagnose. Thanks for any help.

Products Discussed in

To Top