Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Potential for new plate style bumper. Need some feedback

Old 10-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #41
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I love the exposed winch. Tons of options and way easier to get at/maintain.

The best part about it is it is different than all other bumpers on the market.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #42
AddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud of
AddictedOffroad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
The price is awesome, and I think it'll look great after you tuck in the sides.
Will there be a option for headlight hoops?
If you want to pay a lot more for both labor and shipping sure. But that will likely push the shipping up by another $75 as well as $75 in labor. And, I would NOT be able to tuck in the sides since I need that 2" for a place for the headlight tube to land.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #43
AddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud of
Finished product on the Tacoma. Leaf spring lift with frenched hangers on my 37s. Frame height is ONLY 25-3/8"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rig drive's like a dream.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #45
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: luke
LukeBo4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedOffroad View Post
Finished product on the Tacoma. Leaf spring lift with frenched hangers on my 37s. Frame height is ONLY 25-3/8"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweet mother of god.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #46
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you want to pay a lot more for both labor and shipping sure. But that will likely push the shipping up by another $75 as well as $75 in labor. And, I would NOT be able to tuck in the sides since I need that 2" for a place for the headlight tube to land.
Cool, Thanks for the info Scotty.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #47
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
If by any chance when you make another one, could you get a weight estimate on it?
Its only 70lbs. Crossmember that comes with it is 15lbs. So, 85lbs total.

Its extremely light by plate bumper standards.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #48
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its only 70lbs. Crossmember that comes with it is 15lbs. So, 85lbs total.

Its extremely light by plate bumper standards.
Hmm, awesome!

Very tempting....
Old 10-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #49
se7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

se7enine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm a fan
Old 10-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #52
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
damn frenchy is looking GOOOOOD!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #53
stihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stihlfoursix_0's Tacoma Gallery
super dope, I've been waiting years for someone to make one of these...waaaaaay cleaner than I had it pictured in my head! makes me miss my 1st gen, I would've bought one most def. I would like to see it with full hoops!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #54
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty much in agreement with everyone else who said a little narrower at the corners. Either way, big thumbs up from me! Looks great Scotty! Honestly I think I like it a little better than my old one. If I was gonna run a winch on the front, I'd definitely get this.

Only other thing I'm curious about - is it at all possible to move the fairlead mount higher so it's not hanging off the front like that?
Old 10-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #55
Quote:
Would we be able to get custom fog light cut-outs for it?
That is very hard to do without the light in house, and without everyone using the same exact light. Its not something we want to get into a habit of doing since everyone doesn't want to run the same light.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #56
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is very hard to do without the light in house, and without everyone using the same exact light. Its not something we want to get into a habit of doing since everyone doesn't want to run the same light.
Dang, not even if it was just a square fog light that's 3" by 3"?
Old 10-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #57
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
The bumper looks awesome Scotty! I like the ground clearance you guys got with the open winch mount.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #58
Quote:
Dang, not even if it was just a square fog light that's 3" by 3"?
Then what happens when someone wants a round one? Or oval, square, triangle, etc...???

When you are pre-cutting 25 bumpers out, its hard to make the adjustments for each individual bumper. There is CAD work and constant tweaking to the design to fit different lights. Like I said, if everyone want the exact same fog light, its doable. But, nobody wants that.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #59
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Would make a nice, easy, affordable DIY kit.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #60
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

DHwreckage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Only other thing I'm curious about - is it at all possible to move the fairlead mount higher so it's not hanging off the front like that?
Get Synthetic line and thats solved