Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LT AXELS???

Old 10-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #21
bruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant future

EMS: EMT/FireFighter
Name: Brian
bruth's Tacoma Gallery
After I modified the inner cv joint
Attached Thumbnails
LT AXELS???-image.jpg  
Old 10-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #22
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang123 View Post
curious if you have manual hubs can you not run stock tundra axles?
yes you can!!!!
i figured it out!
i have manual hubs and have tundy axles in my truck right now with it all together. i ahvent had a chance to run them yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
I believe the manual hubs have a different spline count than the auto/tundra hubs.
You must have OEM tacoma axles, and OEM tundra axles, as long as you have that, the spline counts will be the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Yea no. Different spline count.

Have read about swapping the outer knuckle of the manual cv onto the tundra cv but have heard sometimes it doesn't work..
Quote:
so are thousand dollar axles your only option for manual hub tacomas? wondering if there is a manual hub conversion for a tundra you could adapt to a tacoma?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Call. ORS I think. They can help you as they used to make a kit or so,ething for manual hub LT setups.

on a manual hub tacoma you must swap the tacoma outer CV joint onto the tundra axle shaft. as long as you have both OEM cv axles, the spline counts will be the same!

when i called Mike at ORS he told me the same thing.

***note-- i have not ran them yet, but they are together on my truck, i am waiting for brake lines.

trucks looking good man!!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #24
bruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant future

bruth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL ROJO View Post
I scored my tundra axles from auto zone, with lifetime warranty for like $200 or something.
nice!!!! Does anyone know what the best/most affordable high angle (long travel) CV boots are? I have found a couple but idk what to go with ill need the clamps too!
Old 10-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #27

bruth's Tacoma Gallery
Hell ya thanks buddy el rojo!!!!!
Old 10-19-2013, 03:09 AM   #29

bruth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL ROJO View Post
Fo sho man! looking forward to see ur build come together! 1st gens FTMFW!
Sweet man I'm ordering the boots tomorrow !!!
Old 10-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #30
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
so a set of OEM manual cv's and a set of OEM tundra cv's (i am pretty sure all tundras are ADD right?) then just combine the the Tacoma ends with the tundra mid shafts?
Old 10-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #31
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so a set of OEM manual cv's and a set of OEM tundra cv's

(i am pretty sure all tundras are ADD right?) then just combine the the Tacoma ends with the tundra mid shafts?
Yes, Yes, and i think so.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #33
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
How is it a yes and no?
Old 10-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #34
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Ya don't know why I said yes and no...lol b

Was merely saying ya splines r same but the tundra cv is a stronger cv then the tacoma. So manual hubs have advantage of unlocking hubs, add has stronger tundra lower and upper cv.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:11 AM   #35

bruth's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I guess it's alot better cause when you unlock the manual hubs then it completely disconnects the axels from the drive so there is no ware! And Tacoma is always engaged except the drive gear in 2wd
Old 10-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #36
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so a set of OEM manual cv's and a set of OEM tundra cv's (i am pretty sure all tundras are ADD right?) then just combine the the Tacoma ends with the tundra mid shafts?

yes you are correct.

and cut off the inner lip of the tundra inner cv joint so you can fit the new boot