1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Break Question/Advice LSP&BV

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Itisreallycold, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Oct 17, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    Itisreallycold

Itisreallycold [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Minnesnowta
    Vehicle:
    Ol' Rusty
    So long story short I was replacing a hard break line and everything was going great, got it all swapped out and was excited that I finally got something fixed in under an hour. Decided it would be wise to bleed the breaks so like any one I started with the LSP&BV. Got it bled and was tightening the bleeder valve closed as the Fucking threads on the bypass valve cracked... Not all the threads were busted off, but I am unable to get the bleeder valve screwed on. I was able to screw a same sized bolt in enough to plug the hole and also added some pipe dope/gasket maker to the threads to help it seal. I bled the rest of the breaks and took it for a test drive, Breaks felt great and as far as I can tell theres no leaks coming from the LSP&BV.
    My question is 1: What would happen if all of a sudden the bolt that is replacing the bleeder valve on my LSP&BV was to come out well driving.
    2: If I keep an eye on making sure the bolt is tight and sealed would you say it is relatively "safe"
    3: Is Break fluid Flammable? if I was to try and weld a nut onto the LSP&BV so that I could screw the bleeder valve back on.
    Thanks in advance for all helping me question my judgement...
    Let me know if you want/need pictures to know what I'm talking about.

2. Oct 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM
    tan4x4

tan4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, Tundra brake swap, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera
    Not clear on what exactly broke. :confused:

The threads in the bleeder hole on the LSPV (female) .... or ....
    the threads on the removeable bleeder screw (male) ?

3. Oct 17, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    Itisreallycold

Itisreallycold [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Minnesnowta
    Vehicle:
    Ol' Rusty
    The outer half of the female threads on the lsp&bv cracked off leaving about >1/4" of female threads (still in the bleeder hole) that I am able to screw a bolt fairly snugly into.

4. Oct 17, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    Greensystemsgo

Greensystemsgo 1 owner with clean car fox.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirty Nickers
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    18 year old black taco...
    Bone Stock.
    time for helicoil *not recomended

or a tap and die on the female end and go slightly larger, however most are the same/similar size.

AVOID teflon tape/gasket maker, ANY type of shit in the lines/sytem can and will affect the brake system. many fail to realize how fragile of a system it is. Its amazing the difference between the average or even new system, and a built, solid, well maintained system.

OR, start replacing parts. just my 2cents.

Products Discussed in

To Top