Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

suspension lift questions???? help!!!

Old 10-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
loonskier13 is on a distinguished road
loonskier13's Tacoma Gallery
suspension lift questions???? help!!!

I want to buy a TUFF country 3 inch suspension lift. (( here is the link )) http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...FYqZ4AoduywAvg.

It says its a suspension lift.... but why does it have lift blocks for the rear????. Isnt that a body lift???. and also is this a good lift?? All im looking for is a 3 inch SUSPENSION lift. But i just want to know if the lift blocks are like placed under the springs or under the frame of the truck. Also if I get this with lift blocks will it be bad for my truck.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
It is a suspension lift because the block goes under the leafs and not the body. As for the quality I know people that own rough country lifts not for tacomas but they hate it
Old 10-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #4
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Try the Toytec Ultimate lift kit
Old 10-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #5
Taco Wagon
offrdmania has a spectacular aura aboutoffrdmania has a spectacular aura about

Name: Matt
offrdmania's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe he just wants a spacer lift to stick a bigger tire under there. Maybe we should qualify what he wants to use his truck for before shoving an over priced lift down his throat when in fact he may not need to use it. I sell spacer lifts all day long for people who just want a larger tire. Its better than a body lift. Only those who are going on the trails and using their truck in the mud or the mountains will I then suggest a control arm, coilover or drop bracket lift.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
Ian.S is a splendid one to beholdIan.S is a splendid one to beholdIan.S is a splendid one to beholdIan.S is a splendid one to beholdIan.S is a splendid one to beholdIan.S is a splendid one to beholdIan.S is a splendid one to beholdIan.S is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ian
Ian.S's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a similar lift. It doesn't ride very well but it gets you bigger tires and that's what I got it for.

It's not bad for your truck, but I wouldn't count it as a major offroad performance upgrade other than greater ground clearance.

to offrdmania

And I would add the shock absorber option for sure!!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonskier13 View Post
I want to buy a TUFF country 3 inch suspension lift. (( here is the link )) http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...FYqZ4AoduywAvg.

It says its a suspension lift.... but why does it have lift blocks for the rear????. Isnt that a body lift???. and also is this a good lift?? All im looking for is a 3 inch SUSPENSION lift. But i just want to know if the lift blocks are like placed under the springs or under the frame of the truck. Also if I get this with lift blocks will it be bad for my truck.
The blocks go between the rear leafs and the axle.

Not the best lift, but it is cheap.