Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pic Request: 01-04 Double Cabs with Camper Shells

Old 10-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
PhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enoughPhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enough

Name: Justin
PhdNPrerunners's Tacoma Gallery
Pic Request: 01-04 Double Cabs with Camper Shells

Hey guys I really thinking about getting a camper shell for my tacoma. I see some that look really good on them while others not so much. If you guys could post up pics of some DC with campers I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry if there is already a thread for trucks with campers, I did a search but didn't see one. Thanks!
Old 10-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my 03 with the shell.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Yotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Chief Legalman
Name: Paul
Yotafish's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a picture of my 2003 and the shell I bought for it back then. It's heavy and a beast to take off by yourself but it can be done. I would hope that some newer models are somewhat lighter.

Either way it's 11 years old and been beat to death but is still holding up nicely.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is a piece of crap but it gets the job done. Can't justify spending money on a new one when it does what I need it to.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
DAMOS is on a distinguished road

DAMOS's Tacoma Gallery
Leer. found it used. why are little ones as heavy as the big ones?
Attached Thumbnails
Pic Request: 01-04 Double Cabs with Camper Shells-20121229_120328.jpg  
Old 10-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
Yotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to beholdYotafish is a splendid one to behold

Mine too, but like you said it gets the job done. I used to run mine through one of those low speed car washes and did it for years but one day the rubber strips got caught and ripped my roof rack channels off (obviously I don't do that anymore.....duh!). So I have bondo in roof, replaced the handles numerous times, the third brake light three times and it leaks like no tomorrow from one of the windows. Either way I still like having it over not having it especially during hunting season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Mine is a piece of crap but it gets the job done. Can't justify spending money on a new one when it does what I need it to.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #7

Mine is a Leonard and I bought it new back in November 03 and now that I am getting advanced in age I have learned to back up or down in a ditch and walk it off the back. Actually I think I have resolved myself to realize it just needs to stay on from now on.

To the OP: These are all the things you need to think about before going with a hard shell vice a soft topper or the like. The weight added and whether or not you were like me and wanted it off for half the year every year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMOS View Post
Leer. found it used. why are little ones as heavy as the big ones?
Old 10-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
PhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enoughPhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotafish View Post
Mine is a Leonard and I bought it new back in November 03 and now that I am getting advanced in age I have learned to back up or down in a ditch and walk it off the back. Actually I think I have resolved myself to realize it just needs to stay on from now on.

To the OP: These are all the things you need to think about before going with a hard shell vice a soft topper or the like. The weight added and whether or not you were like me and wanted it off for half the year every year!
Ya I know what you mean. The soft toppers are nice but they don't off much security How much would you say your shell weights?
Old 10-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #9
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
My ARE CX on my extra cab only ways around 100lbs. Very easy to take on and off with two people, and easily weighs less than my toolbox.

I can't imagine yours is that much heavier Yotafish?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #11
Ray Beeze is on a distinguished road
Name: Ray
Location: Conveniently located between Graceland and The Smoky Mountains
Ray Beeze's Tacoma Gallery

Extended cab with a camper shell
Old 10-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #12
2k4Taco will become famous soon enough2k4Taco will become famous soon enough

Navy: PO2 USN
Name: Swanny
2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Beeze View Post

Damn....that's some flex...wtf?
Old 10-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #13

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
nm, I see the rust on the floor. Its a shame... anyway heres mine!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #14

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
its an ARE, I'll probably never take it off.

I added the Thule track and crossbars to haul my kayak

and rigged up the inside to hold fishing rods
The First pic with the TRD off roads looks good! Those wheels are growing on me..
Old 10-19-2013, 07:00 AM   #15
grovestreet is on a distinguished road
grovestreet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Beeze View Post

Well it's a loss but better than failing at highway speed.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #18
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhdNPrerunners View Post
Hey guys I really thinking about getting a camper shell for my tacoma. I see some that look really good on them while others not so much. If you guys could post up pics of some DC with campers I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry if there is already a thread for trucks with campers, I did a search but didn't see one. Thanks!
paging BoxRocket !
Old 10-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #19

Thanks everyone for the pictures! I am definitely going to get one now because it will come in real handy I think.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #20
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
Thanks! got a great deal on them and really like the look

what front bumper is that?
Elite Offroad.