LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Marlin Crawler Flywheel?

Old 10-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Marlin Crawler Flywheel?

Anyone have any experience with Marlin Crawler's flywheel for the 3.4L they care to share?

Looking to replace a non-stock one that appears to have some bad teeth from the start. Not sure I want to cough up $343 for an OEM one but don't want to do this a 3rd time.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
I don't care about you!
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Anyone have any experience with Marlin Crawler's flywheel for the 3.4L they care to share?

Looking to replace a non-stock one that appears to have some bad teeth from the start. Not sure I want to cough up $343 for an OEM one but don't want to do this a 3rd time.
I talked to them about one when I bought my clutch. Cant remember his name but he told me the OEM is better than the one they sell..
Old 10-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Guess I'm going to suck it up and pay the big bill.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.4wdtoyotaowner.com/

Yeah, I got the Marlin clutch kit. Very happy with that. Just whatever stupid flywheel the garage installed does not appear to be up to snuff.

One of those times I wish I had a full shop down in the garage. Could do this in a day or two and save the labor costs.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:54 AM   #6
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yeah, I got the Marlin clutch kit. Very happy with that. Just whatever stupid flywheel the garage installed does not appear to be up to snuff.

One of those times I wish I had a full shop down in the garage. Could do this in a day or two and save the labor costs.
flywheel the garage installed? or re-surfaced? or not re-surfaced at all?
Old 10-19-2013, 07:26 AM   #7
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

How big is your garage? You can do it in a garage fairly easily. It helps to have an extra set of hands and a transmission jack, but they are not totally necessary... especially when SteezeMcQueen is involved, LoL.