1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad MAF ? HELP

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Binh, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Oct 28, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    Binh

Binh [OP] T-Tane

Member:
    Hi guy,
    I've been having trouble with my 1996 tacoma 2.4 automatic lately. After reading a lot I think it may have a bad MAF sensor even though I replaced the old one with new that I bought off ebay for $70, could be crappy. it throw a P0171 code which is running clean, but I can tell it's running rich because of the smell of raw fuel and also the spark plugs is black and get very bad MPG. I did change bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor and Coolant temp sensor but no help. In the morning when the car is cold, it will start up, if I press down the pedal fast it will "hiccup", if I stop for gas or food when I come back it would not start, must wait 10 or 20 minute to start back up even the outside temp is 50 F. I did check the fuel pressure, in the morning is 0psi, when idle 20psi jumping up and down, when stop pressure 20 psi, come back after food 40psi. Spark is good new spark plugs, wire and ignition coil. And one more thing, I can not see any fuel in the return line, if I unplug the return line i can see fuel flow backward, I mean fuel not flowing from the regulator to the return line but flow from the return line to regulator, my fuel pump is only 1 year old. I have order fuel filter and pressure regulator, I will replace it this weekend. Thank you for any advance.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top