Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Roof light rack

Old 10-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
smmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
smmarine's Tacoma Gallery
Roof light rack

Ok so I've found a few threads talking about this but I just want some peoples ideas and suggestions. Basically I want some long range lights on the top of my truck but can't go with the standard bed mount light racks for a few reasons. 1 I have my toolbox mounted in the front of my bed 2 I also have my cb whip mounted on my toolbox 3 they're expensive as hell!!!!! What I would like to do is just find some kind of roof mount rack that I can just put closer towards the front of the cab. My thought was a luggage rack that slides into door tracks or something. I'd rather not drill into my roof as well. And the cheaper the better! I just can't seem to find what I'm lookin for online. Suggestions?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
I had a hard time finding a way to mount my light bar to the roof of my truck, since I didn't want to drill into my roof. Here is what I did...

Old 10-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Riley
fouillard13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
I had a hard time finding a way to mount my light bar to the roof of my truck, since I didn't want to drill into my roof. Here is what I did...

ebay or rigid?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
604YOTA is on a distinguished road

Name: Disco Stu
604YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
So its a roof rack and you mounted the bar upside down under the cross point?
Old 10-29-2013, 05:54 AM   #6
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
It's a Carr Light Bar. If your truck has gutters, there is no drilling needed. My pickup didn't have gutters so I had to drill into the side of the roof where the door closes. The led bar is mounted upside-down on to it. I can take some pics of the mounting points later if ya want.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 10-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
just saying hi because you're in Melbourne lived there for 5 years. just moved away in May/June. i miss it already.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #9
smmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post

That's exactly what I want to do. More info on this? Or something similar anybody knows of I can put lights on?
Old 10-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
just saying hi because you're in Melbourne lived there for 5 years. just moved away in May/June. i miss it already.
Melbourne Tacoma drivers. The few the proud haha
Old 12-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #11

604YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Could you please take pictures of how you mounted the rack and light bar

Thanks
Old 12-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #12
TuckGraham is on a distinguished road

Name: Tuck Graham
TuckGraham's Tacoma Gallery
I will be using a Yakima Cross bar that mounts into the door jam. And getting a Rigid light bar to mount upside down.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #13

604YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
All the yakimas Iv been told by my local truck accessories store are round?
Old 12-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #14
ZebraTaco is on a distinguished road
ZebraTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Those light bars are so awesome!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #16
TuckGraham is on a distinguished road

Name: Tuck Graham
TuckGraham's Tacoma Gallery
This is the mounting option that i will be getting for mine. It is round.