1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100 help

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacomawammer, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Nov 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    tacomawammer

tacomawammer [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    wammer
    canada
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma trd
    I just had 5100's put on the front of my truck along with moog coils and noticed that the coil on the passenger side has a sticker that says drivers side. Do the coils really need to be on specific sides or am i okay? I am also putting 5100's in the rear next week and just noticed that one of the shocks is about a half inch shorter than the other. Is that normal and if so which side does the longer one go on. Judging by the coil installation i would like to give the guys in the shop some guidance. Thanks for your time

2. Nov 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    TMW

TMW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    Light bar and bumper guard, 3/16 steel skid plates for engine, tranny and transfer box, OME 881 springs with 5100 shocks at mid clip. AAL in rear. Positraction rear diff.
    You probably should call the company but I'd say the coil should go on the drivers side. It may be a little stiffer or longer to compensate for the gas tank and the fact that the driver is usually the only one in the truck over time, in other words to compensate for sag.

The left side rear shock on a Gen. 1 Tacoma is shorter than the right side.

3. Nov 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    tacomawammer

tacomawammer [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    wammer
    canada
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma trd
    I phoned the company and they told me the springs are the same but couldnt tell me why one is labelled. Dunno?

Products Discussed in

To Top