Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma!

Old 11-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
smmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
smmarine's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma!

Alright everybody. I know there are some threads already like this but I'm starting one cause I want to. What's some of your pros and cons of your tacoma. Really wanna hear from first gen v6 prerunners but every bodies welcome! My pros are good power, good tow capacity, great reliability, and for an open diff 2wd drive great off-road. Cons are crap for fuel mileage, axle wrap, my valve train seems to be the loudest out of all the 3.4s I have heard, and most cruise ships have a better turn radius. Let me hear your opinions!
Old 11-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
604YOTA is on a distinguished road

Name: Disco Stu
604YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
What are you getting for fuel mileage?
What's your suspension like?
Old 11-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
smmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604YOTA View Post
What are you getting for fuel mileage?
What's your suspension like?
I get about 16 city. I took a trip and did 60 mph and got 24mpg the whole way. And my suspension is stock. Trd shocks. I'm going to be replacing the leafs, shocks, and struts with kyb shocks and dorman springs
Old 11-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #4
604YOTA is on a distinguished road

Name: Disco Stu
604YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Fuel milage is pritty average. The axle wrap could be the old suspension ...

As for the pinging and motor noise what kind of fuel are you using..and how much maintenance have you been doing?

How many miles are on the truck?
Old 11-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smmarine View Post
I get about 16 city. I took a trip and did 60 mph and got 24mpg the whole way. And my suspension is stock. Trd shocks. I'm going to be replacing the leafs, shocks, and struts with kyb shocks and dorman springs
You are saying that is bad fuel economy for a 14 year old truck? I think that is very good milage. Competes with 2nd gen mileage
Old 11-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604YOTA View Post
Fuel milage is pritty average. The axle wrap could be the old suspension ...

As for the pinging and motor noise what kind of fuel are you using..and how much maintenance have you been doing?

How many miles are on the truck?
Yeah the axle wrap is from worn suspension. I use 87 octane. And the trucks got 156000+ miles
Old 11-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
You are saying that is bad fuel economy for a 14 year old truck? I think that is very good milage. Competes with 2nd gen mileage
Yeah but the second gen also has more power, more displacement, and weighs more