1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Electrical problem?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by chasebrooks14, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Nov 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    chasebrooks14

chasebrooks14 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Dahlonega, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2008 Acura TSX (RIP LaToya)
    Mickey Thompson Classic iii, Green LED interior floor lights, After market Kenwood touch screen radio, 20% window tint, Blacked out bumpers and grill, blacked out tail lights, Pioneer door speakers, bed lined toolbox, LED tailgate light bar w/ reverse lights, Bilstein 5100 all 4 corners and top setting up front, Trd Coils, New 1.5" lift leaf pack and shackles, White gages with blue needles. 32x11.5 Cooper STTs, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers
    Actually I fixed it. I plugged the cluster up without the needles then put the needles on where they should be. False alarm guys.

2. Nov 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    chasebrooks14

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Dahlonega, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Mickey Thompson Classic iii, Green LED interior floor lights, After market Kenwood touch screen radio, 20% window tint, Blacked out bumpers and grill, blacked out tail lights, Pioneer door speakers, bed lined toolbox, LED tailgate light bar w/ reverse lights, Bilstein 5100 all 4 corners and top setting up front, Trd Coils, New 1.5" lift leaf pack and shackles, White gages with blue needles. 32x11.5 Cooper STTs, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers
    Well guys ran into another problem. My speedo, odometer, and trip odometer are not working. My guess is I didn't plug something in all he way? Is there anything else it could be?

3. Nov 10, 2013 at 5:39 PM
    COMAtized99

COMAtized99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    99 DCLB v8
    The Bed is stock...ish

Does your truck have a cable driven speedo, or is it electric? Maybe you forgot to plug it in?

4. Nov 10, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    chasebrooks14

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Dahlonega, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    its a cable. but I haven't checked but I just don't feel like taking it all apart at the moment.

5. Nov 10, 2013 at 8:10 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    Probably the speedo cable not in all the way. It's kinda pain in the ass to connect.

6. Nov 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    chasebrooks14

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Dahlonega, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    oh I am very aware of that. which it why I decided to wait til tomorrow to fool with it

Products Discussed in

To Top