Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Model T emblem?

Old 11-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
luke.harvey is on a distinguished road
luke.harvey's Tacoma Gallery
Model T emblem?

Hey guys, I saw and fell in love with the Tacoma Model T emblem.. how often are these available? They seem extremely rare.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Yep they're offered twice a year only due to licensing agreements between Andres and Toyota.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Riley
fouillard13's Tacoma Gallery
How is this illegal to copy? Can you not simple alter it a little? Is it copyright? How can toyota tell someone they cant put horns on there emblem?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #6
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.tacomahq.com/2107/toyota-...horns-q-and-a/

I just read that. Seems so weird that Toyota would jump into a little business
Old 11-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #7

So if I glue'd 2 little horns to my toyota logo i would be in trouble? duh..... and I altered the "tacoma" sticker to taco. I hope im not going to jail.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouillard13 View Post
So if I glue'd 2 little horns to my toyota logo i would be in trouble? duh..... and I altered the "tacoma" sticker to taco. I hope im not going to jail.
YOU can do anything you like to a piece of property that you own.

You can't make and sell an item that infringes on the intellectual property of another entity.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
YOU can do anything you like to a piece of property that you own.

You can't make and sell an item that infringes on the intellectual property of another entity.

Thanks! Thats what I wanted to know. I know lots of shops down here that punch out aluminum emblems all the time. I see alot of people making knock off RBP grilles but for the price of one I dont blame them.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #11
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Old 11-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #12
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
What's the story behind this emblem design anyway? It seems like Toyota was going to use it and then decided against it, but I still see it on advertisements and such.

Initially I thought this thread was going to be about this emblem:

Old 11-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #14
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
What's the story behind this emblem design anyway? It seems like Toyota was going to use it and then decided against it, but I still see it on advertisements and such.

Far from decided against it.
Variations on that design (the "T" was the same, the background shape changed slightly) were used from 1968 to the 80s.

Around '83 or so, Toyota seemed to start to back away from the individual badges and many vehicles simply had the typed "TOYOTA" badge.

Toyota often used a different logo for different vehicles... the Corona, Corolla, and Celica all had different badges.

The current logo came into use in 1990 and was the first time the same logo was used on all vehicles (not including Lexus) since they dropped the original "Toyoda" and the "Tech" (a misnomer, it is not a 'ch') logos.
Quote:
Initially I thought this thread was going to be about this emblem:
Ditto.

I think a couple of guys have used that one on their Satoshi grills, and Quaker replaced the "T" on his tailgate "Tacoma" with that "T"
Old 11-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
blissfully biased
jparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jason
jparf's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine (second gen tho).
Attached Thumbnails
Model T emblem?-image.jpg  
Old 11-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #16
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Far from decided against it.
Variations on that design (the "T" was the same, the background shape changed slightly) were used from 1968 to the 80s.

Around '83 or so, Toyota seemed to start to back away from the individual badges and many vehicles simply had the typed "TOYOTA" badge.

Toyota often used a different logo for different vehicles... the Corona, Corolla, and Celica all had different badges.

The current logo came into use in 1990 and was the first time the same logo was used on all vehicles (not including Lexus) since they dropped the original "Toyoda" and the "Tech" (a misnomer, it is not a 'ch') logos.

Ditto.

I think a couple of guys have used that one on their Satoshi grills, and Quaker replaced the "T" on his tailgate "Tacoma" with that "T"
I know about the one I posted lol. I should have put a space in between my thoughts lol I was talking about what the deal is with the emblem everyone else was posting lol
Old 11-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #17
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like that one a lot.

If I could someone turn the orange parts to the awesomeness of Sunfire Red Pearl, I'd put that on my truck
Old 11-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #18
Fire Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I like that one a lot.

If I could someone turn the orange parts to the awesomeness of Sunfire Red Pearl, I'd put that on my truck
It's not hard to paint cause we rebrightened (is that a word?) up the red on my exes truck lol
Old 11-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #19

Quote:
I know about the one I posted lol. I should have put a space in between my thoughts lol I was talking about what the deal is with the emblem everyone else was posting lol
Ahh.... Ya, they used that in advertising when they started getting serious about an HD Tundra in '05, but it never appeared on a vehicle.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I like that one a lot.

Testors enamel works great.

Brush paint the red, carefully clean with a thinner-soaked rag.
Mask off the "T", shoot the rest with satin black, and wipe the top flat surfaces clean.