1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Full OME ride compared to 5100/Eibach

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by steve2267, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Nov 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    steve2267

steve2267 [OP] Small Mammal Fire Support Team

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab Tacoma 3.4L 4WD/TRD
    How would you compare the ride quality between a full OME w/ Dakar rear to 5100s all around with Eibach front coils and an AAL in the the rear on 1st gen Tacos? On paved roads? Gravel / dirt roads? Heavily washboarded roads? Rocky trails?

I suspect the full OME is softer or, conversely, the 5100/Eibach is firmer or harsher on pavement and/or gravel/dirt roads, based on all the reading I've done here on TW, but I haven't seen any definitive statements, so I thought I'd ask.

I am particularly interested in anyone who had experience with both a 5100/Eibach setup and a full OME/Dakar configuration (switched between the two, or sold/bought a different truck, or has ridden in both configs.)

Thx.

2. Nov 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM
    Alderleet

Alderleet Ace of Spades

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Salty Hell
    Vehicle:
    '00 Acc Cab TRD 4x4
    I too am interested. I want to know which will be less harsh on road.

3. Nov 29, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    604YOTA

604YOTA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Disco Stu
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD SR5
    Grey wire mod, eibach, 5100's & 5125's, ome Dakar leafs, 1.25 rear shackle, Gibson exhaust, ram air intake, throttle body spacer, boot slide mod, poly bushing kit, extended brake lines.
    The thing is most people go with one or the other. Vary few have done both kits so . Only the people who have done both will know.. otherwise one persons going to say OME is the best and the other is going to say 5100s are..

Me being a 5100/5125 guy with dakars think it smooth all over in every conditon I have put in. That being said I detach my sway bar when off roading ie before I go on a off road trip but find it helps to keep it on when on hoghway.

4. Nov 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM
    wrat

wrat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma Xcab 4x4 TRD
    I can tell you with my setup the ride is far stiffer and more harsh than stock when unloaded. It will rattle yours bones on pavement but not too bad off road. When loaded for a weekend excursion it rides very smooth although very doggy.

2004 Tacoma Xtra cab, 4x4, V6, Elite plate bumper front and rear, sliders, Bud Bilt skids, LR UCAs, OME 882s, Dakars, OME D6XL aal, Nitrocharger Sports front and rear, GY Wrangler MT/R.

Products Discussed in

To Top