1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LCA poly bushings. something dosnt seem right!?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by YoungToyo, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Nov 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    YoungToyo

YoungToyo [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vancouver British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    97 Tacoma 4cyl 4x4 + 01 DC 4x4
    Camburg 4wd LT King 2.5x8 Deaver F67, King 2.5x16, Fox 2.0 Bumps Heated leather audi seats
    Hey tacoma world and your wealth of knowledge. I am rebuilding my ifs right now an have installed new upper and lower BJs, UCA poly bushings and LCA poly bushings from daystar.
    I had to cut out the old caster camber bolts because they were seized. And ordered throught napa, spicer caster camber bolt kits.
    My main concern is the stock lca bushing has washers on either side with teeth that hold the slippage of alignment by biting into the mounts. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1s...replace-upper-lower-control-arm-bushings.html This person re used those sleeves and washers with his energy suspension bushings. But my daystar bushings are wider? They are the width of the bushing sleeve and washers. There's no way I could cram them in and get it into the mounts. And even if I could the stock sleeve with washers is the wrong diameter to fit into the daystar bushings.
    So I installed with the bushing, new bushing sleeve and then the caster camber sleeve inside that. I have not driven the truck yet.
    Any input would be great!

image.jpg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  2. Nov 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM
    YoungToyo

YoungToyo [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vancouver British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    97 Tacoma 4cyl 4x4 + 01 DC 4x4
    Camburg 4wd LT King 2.5x8 Deaver F67, King 2.5x16, Fox 2.0 Bumps Heated leather audi seats
    Old burned bushing sleeve with the two washers.

image.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top