Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Oh darn.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
thenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud of

thenrie's Tacoma Gallery
Oh darn.

Being from the western US, and now living in Pittsburgh, there are things to learn. Like it's not a good idea to park under those big beautiful oak trees in the late summer and fall. I would never have guessed an acorn could fall with enough inertia to dent my hood. Left the truck overnight and now my perfect Taco hood and roof look like they have been through a Texas hail storm! Oh well, glad it's a white pickup. You can't see the dents unless you really look for them, but I know they are there. Stupid, stupid, stupid...
Old 09-25-2007, 09:14 AM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenrie View Post
Stupid, stupid, stupid...
Chill man. one and you wont see the dents.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:29 AM   #3
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Could be worse - the Southern pine trees release sap almost year round. That will make you pull your hair out (and the paint off your truck).
Old 09-25-2007, 11:13 AM   #4
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Could be worse - the Southern pine trees release sap almost year round. That will make you pull your hair out (and the paint off your truck).
Yes, I have experienced the sap issue first hand. However, in my case it was from a huge cottonwood tree. Every spring, for about 6 weeks, we would have to park our vehicles half a block away in the street to get away from it. Last year I told the wife I was not getting another new vehicle until the cottonwood was gone. The tree was technically in our neighbors yard but we paid $2000 to have it cut down. Luckily the neighbor agreed to it. Then I went and bought my tacoma.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #5
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Watch out for the walnuts too, this is about the right time for them. They're a little bigger than golf balls.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:43 PM   #6
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
the last two new vehicles I purchased got hail damage before they were even plated. Paintless dent removal guy worked his magic on them for relatively cheap.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:54 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
yes the pine sap is the worse i have some spots on my hood i cant get rid of drives me nuts
Old 11-26-2007, 06:40 PM   #8
CornDog is on a distinguished road

CornDog's Tacoma Gallery
pine sap SUCKS!!!!!!!!! u have to watch oaks year round tho. not jus when acorns are fallin. they have a sap like crud too and it will RUIN and i mean RUIN a paint job. almost worse than pines.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:24 PM   #9
debuhr is on a distinguished road
EMS: EMT
debuhr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to debuhr
i got into a damn tree while mudding last week. it really sucks.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:24 PM   #10
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I am lucky in the fact that fruiting trees are no where near my rig ,but I do get sap and bug guts all over it. Everybody on this thread is right, it will ruin paint and is an S.O.B. to remove. My question is what is the purpose for waxing the trucks ?, I know it improves the luster and makes water bead, but is that it ? I know a complete wash and wax cost me the better part of 8 hrs only to have to work on getting bug and sap off next weekend.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:35 PM   #11
Obama can suck-it
TSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the rough
TSUNAMI*22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
Yes, I have experienced the sap issue first hand. However, in my case it was from a huge cottonwood tree. Every spring, for about 6 weeks, we would have to park our vehicles half a block away in the street to get away from it. Last year I told the wife I was not getting another new vehicle until the cottonwood was gone. The tree was technically in our neighbors yard but we paid $2000 to have it cut down. Luckily the neighbor agreed to it. Then I went and bought my tacoma.
2,000 dollars to cut a tree down? Haven't you ever heard of the bag-o-salt technique? Works everytime!
Old 11-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #12
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSUNAMI*22 View Post
2,000 dollars to cut a tree down? Haven't you ever heard of the bag-o-salt technique? Works everytime!
The huge tree was hovering over both our houses. Cottonwoods are brittle when they are healthy let alone when they are dead. I didn't want to get crushed some night while in bed. I would have paid twice that to get rid of the sap issue alone. I took time off from to work to watch them take it down. It was amazing to see how it is done...
Old 11-27-2007, 05:55 PM   #13
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSUNAMI*22 View Post
I havn't. Please enlighten me.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #14
Obama can suck-it
TSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the rough
TSUNAMI*22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I havn't. Please enlighten me.
A while back I had a friend who had a friend with a P-51 mustang. Unfortunately, everytime he landed it (3,000 ft. long runway) he had to cross over his neighbors house as he descended onto final approach (rural country area). Anyways, his neighbor was one of these "old bat" types that would get upset because she had Llamas that she kept for pets (he scared them with the plane) in a pen right under the approach end of the runway. To thwart his flying, she planted Eucalyptus <sp> trees right in his path.

Keep in mind that the pilot had to pay 50,000 dollars just to lower the telephone lines by 15 feet and now this lady plants 50 foot tall trees in the way.

He fixed it by sneaking out one night and emptied a big bag of salt at the base of each tree trunk. Plants don't like salt and they die.

Problem solved.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #15

I figured that was how it worked. I'll tuck that little gem away for when I need it.