1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st gen heim joint tie rods

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by stumblestacks, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Dec 16, 2013 at 8:43 PM
    stumblestacks

stumblestacks [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    Beat up 98taco 3.4L limited xtracab TRD
    Finally blew the motor at 230,000, sprung for a Jasper with 100,000/3 year warranty. The birdpig has a new set of wings! OME heavy load lift kit, Dakar leafs w/AAL, frame mounted energy suspension 4.5" bumpstops, 882 coils, nitrocharger sport shocks, trail gear sliders, addicted offroad front bumper, KC 130w daylighters, Warn M8000, 31" BFG KM2's, custom dents and Nevada pinstripes.
    I know this is an old topic, but I can't find the answer I need.

Is there a heim joint tie rod kit available for 1st gens that doesn't require a long or mid travel conversion or extensive machining?

The stock tie rods don't stand up to serious off road use (as many of us know). There are plenty of 1st gen long travel heim joint and 05'+ kits, but I can't find any for my 98'. I can't afford to do the uca/lca yet, but if possible I'd rather upgrade and have it last than continue to replace with stock parts that only last for one summer. Thanks for any help.

Products Discussed in

To Top