LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What lift would you guys recommend

Old 12-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
Trailhunter is on a distinguished road
Trailhunter's Tacoma Gallery
What lift would you guys recommend

I finally bought a 2001 4dr taco and I've had it all of 24hrs ....... Grey wire mod done in the first hour CHECK! Now I'm doin research for the best all around lift. I won't be rock crawling but I will be in the bush every weekend for the rest of its life. I plan on running 33's-34's. I don't want cheap junk that's gonna give me greeff so keep that in mind.
Now that being said what lift are you running?
What problems are inherent with certain lifts?
What would you different now after if you had the chance?

I'm so excited about this build I'm gonna loose sleep
Old 12-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
What's ur price range?
Old 12-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Edit: Ooops... nm
Old 12-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations on the truck! I had a 2003 DC and miss it almost every day.

I installed a complete OME setup with the Dakar leaf packs. Simple, proven and reliable. It also worked great in any situation I put it in.

As far as tires go, the worst thing I ever did to my truck was install the 285/75/16s. There was a tone of rubbing issues and just turned in to a PITA. If I had to do it again and was dead set on 33s, I would go with 255/85/16. Same diameter just more narrow, thus helping to eliminate some of the rubbing.

Good luck and have fun!
Old 12-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
604YOTA is on a distinguished road

Name: Disco Stu
604YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
I fit 285 75 16 s no rubbing . I have Billie 5100s up front with eibach springs. Im right at 3 inches in the front. Rear I have 5125 extended length with Dakar leaf packs and 1.5inch shackles. Get about 3.5 inches in the rear. Running 285/75/16 mud terrains with no rubbing even when flexed. Did some minor bashing on the pinch welds in the from wheel area...
Old 12-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
Glockaholic
kn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kn38ms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604YOTA View Post
I fit 285 75 16 s no rubbing . I have Billie 5100s up front with eibach springs. Im right at 3 inches in the front. Rear I have 5125 extended length with Dakar leaf packs and 1.5inch shackles. Get about 3.5 inches in the rear. Running 285/75/16 mud terrains with no rubbing even when flexed. Did some minor bashing on the pinch welds in the from wheel area...

Pinion angles okay?

Input shaft's lengthened?

Your set up is relative to my interests...
Old 12-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #7

604YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn38ms View Post
Pinion angles okay?

Input shaft's lengthened?

Your set up is relative to my interests...
Had some troubles at the start but it was all fixed with a diff drop
and the boot slide mod. Also needed the extended rear brake line.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
Price range isn't much an issue ...... Reliable and quality is my main consern
Old 12-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #9
CelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If it isn't a issue I'd go all out
Old 12-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #10
I don't care about you!
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Dakar leaf springs with U bolt flip kit and then custom mount your rear shocks
front go extended King, Icon or fox with an aftermarket UCA. This is a nice mid travel set up.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #11
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtaco02 View Post
Dakar leaf springs with U bolt flip kit and then custom mount your rear shocks
front go extended King, Icon or fox with an aftermarket UCA. This is a nice mid travel set up.
Icons FTW...
Old 12-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #12
JLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: Former NH LEO
JLee50's Tacoma Gallery
Without cost being a concern, I would probably go either OME Dakar or custom Alcan leaf packs with Icon remote reservoir rear shocks, then Icon extended travel coilovers with aftermarket upper control arms.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #13
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All trucks are different. I had to cut the pinch weld off completely and reshape the firewall to get rig of the rubbing. I had to move the firewall so much, the kick panel inside needed trimming.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #14

604YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
All trucks are different. I had to cut the pinch weld off completely and reshape the firewall to get rig of the rubbing. I had to move the firewall so much, the kick panel inside needed trimming.
True where you running stock rims?
Old 12-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #15

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
True where you running stock rims?
I was not. I do not remember the specs on the wheels, but I did end up having to run 3/4" wheel spacers to get the tires off the frame.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #16
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee50 View Post
Without cost being a concern, I would probably go either OME Dakar or custom Alcan leaf packs with Icon remote reservoir rear shocks, then Icon extended travel coilovers with aftermarket upper control arms.
X2 if money isn't a problem go all out
Old 12-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #17
Well I think I made my mind up with a toytec 3 inch lift. Now there is an option to up grade from med 600lb springs to 650lb ....... Is this 650 gonna ride rougher ? I do plan on putting a fairly Heavy bumper and winch so well I be better off with the 650?
Old 12-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #18
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm being adjustable you can just crank up a bit for the extra weight, 650 might be too much but I'm not 100%sure. I have 600coils and about 300 extra weight and ride good also have 285s
Old 12-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #19
I don't care about you!
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
I have extended Kings with 700lbs springs. Rides a little rough on road but off road where it counts it is awesome. . I have bumper winch sliders and will be adding skids soon...
Old 12-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #20
SOS concepts
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
dankers in the rear and 5100 with eibachs up front IMO