Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Brush guard...

Old 03-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
ILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
ILove2Drive's Tacoma Gallery
Brush guard...

Alright, well I'm planning on buying a brush guard here really soon, and I have it narrowed down to two of them . I've found them on eBay and I'm not sure which one would be the best. The second one is stainless steel. Which one do u guys think would look better on my truck and is it worth the extra for the one with stainless steel?

Here are the two guards:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3645&viewitem=

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=
Old 03-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
the black 1
Old 03-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
go with the black one...............its the same one i got.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #5
ILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
go with the black one...............its the same one i got.
Nice, its not prone to rust or anything like that is it? I know it's not stainless like the other one, so you think it'll last as long, as long as I keep her clean?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
if it dose start rusting u can always bedline it
Old 03-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #7
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILove2Drive View Post
Nice, its not prone to rust or anything like that is it? I know it's not stainless like the other one, so you think it'll last as long, as long as I keep her clean?
mine is so far...so good. what you may wanna do though.........spray paint the bolts and some of the welds on the headlight guards........some of those welds werent that powder coated too good. other than that/........keep her clean and she'll be good to go.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
mine is so far...so good. what you may wanna do though.........spray paint the bolts and some of the welds on the headlight guards........some of those welds werent that powder coated too good. other than that/........keep her clean and she'll be good to go.

ive had mine on for about 4 or 5 months and u took it off this past weekend and sprayed the bolts because they were starting to show some rust but the rest is all good!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:40 AM   #9
WARTHOG
MCRANEY will become famous soon enoughMCRANEY will become famous soon enough
Air Force: A-10 Crew Chief
MCRANEY's Tacoma Gallery
cant look on ebay at work to let you know but i have the aries stainless steel brushguard on mine and i love it. i even hit a 120lbs deer with it at 70mph and didnt do any damage to the brushguard, cant say the same for the bumper. i only have one picture uploaded since my hard drive crashed a little while back
Old 03-19-2009, 06:03 AM   #10
Brutus will become famous soon enough

Name: Butus
Brutus's Tacoma Gallery
1st one taht black no doubt! I dont like chrome on trucks. Its too shiny for getting dirty!

I'm trying to figure out out how I can paint over the crome on my bull bar. It came free on the truck, so I wasnt complaining when I bought it.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:48 AM   #11
Jbird1339 is on a distinguished road

Jbird1339's Tacoma Gallery
Mine's a Westin and it hugs the lights and curves perfectly
Attached Thumbnails
Brush guard...-my-truck-005.jpg   Brush guard...-my-truck-004.jpg  
Old 03-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #12
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never go chrome! Too flashy. The black on silver will look amazing!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:17 AM   #13
eztrucken has a brilliant futureeztrucken has a brilliant futureeztrucken has a brilliant futureeztrucken has a brilliant futureeztrucken has a brilliant futureeztrucken has a brilliant futureeztrucken has a brilliant futureeztrucken has a brilliant futureeztrucken has a brilliant futureeztrucken has a brilliant futureeztrucken has a brilliant future

eztrucken's Tacoma Gallery
I think black looks the best!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #14

Thanks guys! I'm hoping to order this ASAP, I can't wait! One of my friends got a brush guard a while back for his Dodge and he told me to just go and buy some new bolts from Lowe's, you think that'd just be best to do from the start?
Old 03-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #15
arrintc is on a distinguished road
arrintc's Tacoma Gallery
Can you put lights on this brushguard? I was just wondering if it came with places to mount them or if you have to make your own.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrintc View Post
Can you put lights on this brushguard? I was just wondering if it came with places to mount them or if you have to make your own.
yep......2 light holes on the horizontal bar near the top. on mine though......i drilled 4 holes and mounted 4 hella 500's on there.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:15 PM   #17
arrintc is on a distinguished road
arrintc's Tacoma Gallery
that is sweet I think I may get one as my next upgrade. What is the difference in the yellow hellas and the white ones? Just the different shade or is there a purpose? I don't really know a lot about the auxillary lights.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrintc View Post
that is sweet I think I may get one as my next upgrade. What is the difference in the yellow hellas and the white ones? Just the different shade or is there a purpose? I don't really know a lot about the auxillary lights.
the 2 clear ones have a long range beam, where as the yellow ones are fogs, and they throw a wide, yellowish beam, and it allows you to see the sides more clearly....especially in rain/snow and fog.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILove2Drive View Post
Well, I just bought it! Can't wait to get it on!!!!
you will like it man!!!