Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

"New" to me 1st Gen. What lift is this?

Old 01-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #22
fyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud of

Firefighter: CFD
Name: Pat
fyremanpat's Tacoma Gallery
I will when its done. its completely gutted. front end and interior... but here are a couple from a week ago
Attached Thumbnails
"New" to me 1st Gen. What lift is this?-20131125_104726.jpg   "New" to me 1st Gen. What lift is this?-tacos.jpg  
Old 01-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #23
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
^The body looks pretty clean on that thing! Is it running lift blocks in the rear? I bet it'll be a nice rig once you get a functional lift on there.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #24
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyremanpat View Post
I got this truck a month ago and have been rebuilding it. What lift is this?Also I need new shocks and whats a decent replacement? Thanks
That is a 6in. trail master lift , for the 1st. gen.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:49 PM   #25
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a 3" body lift too. That things gonna take a lot of time and money to bring back to decent condition
Old 01-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #26
fyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMoose View Post
Looks like a 3" body lift too. That things gonna take a lot of time and money to bring back to decent condition
thats an understatement! the truck sat for 2 and a half years before i bought it. Its runs like a top...now. Now I'm going through the suspension and replacing bushings and seals that are dry rotted. I'm only in the truck 1600 bucks now...thats including the truck!
Old 01-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #27
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats an understatement! the truck sat for 2 and a half years before i bought it. Its runs like a top...now. Now I'm going through the suspension and replacing bushings and seals that are dry rotted. I'm only in the truck 1600 bucks now...thats including the truck!
Not bad at all!
Old 01-06-2014, 04:50 PM   #28
"old Brett", Tour Guide
BDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
BDN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
At $1600.00 you're way ahead of the game.
with that funky suspension and having to cut it out anyway, why not consider a SAS? Might be cheaper and easier in the long run.
Truck looks real clean, I'd keep it and keep going.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #29
snyper96799 is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Yon
snyper96799's Tacoma Gallery
that is the 6 in trailmaster lift, same exact one i have. i've been running mine for sometime now and only had to replace the struts twice. im not sure why so many people on here say they suck. they still going strong for me. but if you want to change out the strut tower you can try looking for fabtechs extended spindles that came with their 6 in lift somewhere to replace the strut tower mount and some upper control arms and your good to go.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:49 AM   #30
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. A trail master of disaster lift.

Best bet, replace cross member and return to stock, perhaps most labor intensive, and not super easy to find front half of frame, but way better then dropping big money on a new drop bracket lift. Get yourself aqyainted with the junk yards.

The UCAS you can probably get almost free from on here.

The lcas might need some love as well.

Spindle that extended should come off. CV axle angles with thankyou.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyper96799 View Post
that is the 6 in trailmaster lift, same exact one i have. i've been running mine for sometime now and only had to replace the struts twice. im not sure why so many people on here say they suck. they still going strong for me. but if you want to change out the strut tower you can try looking for fabtechs extended spindles that came with their 6 in lift somewhere to replace the strut tower mount and some upper control arms and your good to go.
Ive been looking for a comparable secondary strut replacement. What strut did you end up using?
Old 01-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #32

I don't want to change it out. Its not worth it my book and it has lasted 15 years without serious problems. The truck has 150k miles on it the body and frame are in great shape and so is most of the interior....except certain parts that the previous owner rigged for the audio. Its all minor fixes to me. Again the truck sat for 2 and a half years.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #33
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you already have a nice DD, I'm kinda with you. As long as it's not driven on the streets much and is just an offroad toy, wheel it till it breaks
Old 01-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #34

after completely replacing everything up front..except the lift heres how she's sitting now
Attached Thumbnails
"New" to me 1st Gen. What lift is this?-20140116_150056.jpg  
Old 01-20-2014, 05:31 PM   #35
snyper96799 is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Yon
snyper96799's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
after completely replacing everything up front..except the lift heres how she's sitting now
Holy snapple! Looking sweet man. What coilovers are those? Gotta replace mine but im on a budget.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #37
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Ive seen a similar truck once here in Portsmouth VA... Who did you buy this from?

Anyway, got a very close look at the suspension and I thought it was custom work. Lots of welds, etc... Lots of chopping and re-welding to get it back to stock. I second the SAS comment.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #38
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Sounds like a perfect SAS candidate down the road.
This. Trailmaster kits were discontinued because they're mainly junk. Too many problems. If it works for ya, it works no harm. If it fails. Slap a solid axle in that baby
Old 01-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
Ive seen a similar truck once here in Portsmouth VA... Who did you buy this from?

Anyway, got a very close look at the suspension and I thought it was custom work. Lots of welds, etc... Lots of chopping and re-welding to get it back to stock. I second the SAS comment.

I got it from a guy in Chesapeake...he may have worked in p-town.

this rebuild is seriously a Frankenstein...theres parts from an 83 Starlet, and a 93 Audi 200...I still have to align the front end, re-bleed the brakes and clutch...btw drums are a real bitch to get off after sitting for two and a half years.. grease all the fittings and then bed line the undercarriage and bed....THEN start on the interior. Its been a pita for the most part but it seems to be working out now
Old 01-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #40
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got it from a guy in Chesapeake...he may have worked in p-town.

this rebuild is seriously a Frankenstein...theres parts from an 83 Starlet, and a 93 Audi 200...I still have to align the front end, re-bleed the brakes and clutch...btw drums are a real bitch to get off after sitting for two and a half years.. grease all the fittings and then bed line the undercarriage and bed....THEN start on the interior. Its been a pita for the most part but it seems to be working out now

I think I know the guy but not sure. I thought his truck was white. He originally got it from Yorktown. Didn't care for him much, kind of a douche.

Do me a favor and check the driver side for bondo. It wont be hard to find, if its the same truck, there's A LOT.