Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What's the best way to run multiple items off battery?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Wants to learn all about his Taco.
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
What's the best way to run multiple items off battery?

Hey guys! Since I've reached a point where my truck is turning into a mess of wires, it's making me uneasy.

I've got quite a few things ran off of my battery and wires everywhere. Running over my steering column, rubbing under panels and under my seat... even colied up behind my brake booster.

What are some ways you guys organize the mess? Also, what's the best way to run multiple things from your battery? I've seen people with AUX fuse boxes. Is that the answer?
Old 01-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.bluesea.com/products/cate...locks/ST_Blade

Old 01-07-2014, 07:59 PM   #3
Banned
Black Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Black Pipe's Tacoma Gallery
Aux fuse block or a large distribution/ terminal board and use inline fuses
Old 01-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
Banned
Black Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Black Pipe's Tacoma Gallery
Tons, just search the electrical section
Old 01-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #6
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Not much of a write-up but pictures of how mine was done up in the engine compartment:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post7511243

Make sure you use a large enough gage wire from the battery to the fuse block. I used a 4ga. wiring kit from Streetwires.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:24 PM   #7
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!

I think a large part of my interior wiring problem comes from my amp being too big. It's too long for me to run the wires under the carpet.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #9
stikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
stikle's Tacoma Gallery
Yep...as others said, the Blue Sea fuse block from Amazon.

Here's some pics of where I put mine.

The sheet that comes with it says max 30amps...my stereo amp has a 40 amp fuse, so I left that one straight to the battery.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:12 PM   #10
Zer0 is on a distinguished road
Zer0's Tacoma Gallery
The blue sea fuse block is good for smaller accessories like a cigerette plug or small light bar. I wouldnt attach your amp to that. be sure your using adequate gauge for your amp. 8 or 6 gauge should be good enough.

you want to run something like this http://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-Hi-Am.../dp/B0024JKT9W inline with your amp.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #11

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, everything I'm running right now off the battery has inline fuses.

I guess I'll pick up one of those fuse blocks and call it a day. What kind of amps would trail lights be pulling?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:48 PM   #13
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know if it's too late or not, but I just bought this. Does everything the BlueSea does and more. Only thing is this only supports 10 accessories versus the 12 accessories BluSea can do.

This thing looks awesomely built and I can't wait to put it to use.

You have the power and ground wire coming from the box, as well as one extra wire that can be used as a 12 volt source to power your switches.

DSC_0002 (4) by PcBuilder14, on Flickr

These are the five sets of wires for each relay. The bigger wire is the one you connect to your accessory. The smaller wire is the control wire that you connect to your switch.

DSC_0004 (4) by PcBuilder14, on Flickr

Each relay has a 30amp fuse. The 15amp fuse is for that extra wire that you can use for the switches 12 volt source. The other 4 blank fuse holders can be used for any non-relayed device such as a cb radio.

DSC_0006 (3) by PcBuilder14, on Flickr

Here you can see the extra wire, it's blurry, but it's there haha

DSC_0007 (4) by PcBuilder14, on Flickr

Once you've seen all of that, this should look pretty understandable to you. The green blanks that are between each red wire are used for the 4 extra blank fuse space on the box.

DSC_0009 (4) by PcBuilder14, on Flickr
Old 01-21-2014, 12:26 AM   #14
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Don't know if it's too late or not, but I just bought this. Does everything the BlueSea does and more. Only thing is this only supports 10 accessories versus the 12 accessories BluSea can do.

This thing looks awesomely built and I can't wait to put it to use.

You have the power and ground wire coming from the box, as well as one extra wire that can be used as a 12 volt source to power your switches.

DSC_0002 (4) by PcBuilder14, on Flickr

These are the five sets of wires for each relay. The bigger wire is the one you connect to your accessory. The smaller wire is the control wire that you connect to your switch.

DSC_0004 (4) by PcBuilder14, on Flickr

Each relay has a 30amp fuse. The 15amp fuse is for that extra wire that you can use for the switches 12 volt source. The other 4 blank fuse holders can be used for any non-relayed device such as a cb radio.

DSC_0006 (3) by PcBuilder14, on Flickr

Here you can see the extra wire, it's blurry, but it's there haha

DSC_0007 (4) by PcBuilder14, on Flickr

Once you've seen all of that, this should look pretty understandable to you. The green blanks that are between each red wire are used for the 4 extra blank fuse space on the box.

DSC_0009 (4) by PcBuilder14, on Flickr
Not trying to thread jack here but...... that is amazing! How much $ (if you don't mind)

....carry on.....
Old 01-21-2014, 12:29 AM   #15
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-21-2014, 12:53 AM   #16
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
Not trying to thread jack here but...... that is amazing! How much $ (if you don't mind)

....carry on.....
Here you go! If you don't want to make an account there, you can email him at wiredwagon@comcast.net . Cost me $110 shipped

http://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-...lay-panel.html
Old 01-21-2014, 02:26 AM   #17
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=PcBuilder14;8045183]Here you go! If you don't want to make an account there, you can email him at wiredwagon@comcast.net . Cost me $110 shipped

http://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-...tml[/QUOTE]
That's a heck of a price point. I've got more than that tied up in my blue sea FB, 100A breaker, 2/0 power wire, and relays....

Products Discussed in this Thread