LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I need help from the pros!

Old 01-18-2014, 04:08 PM   #81
gman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gman2530's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvatland127 View Post
I do have 200 pounds of extra weight up front
with the extra weight you can move the clip up for the inch
Old 01-19-2014, 02:44 AM   #82
gman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvatland127 View Post
I do have 200 pounds of extra weight up front
After doing more reading ... it seems that You Should Not move the clip on that set up....Too Much Lift...... Lets see if someone else chimes in...
Old 01-19-2014, 07:55 AM   #83
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card1 View Post
Alot to ask from one person but if anyone knows pppllleeeeeaaasssee!!!!!!!11
:boi nk:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-question.html

You need to walk away from this idea bro', not gonna happen
Old 01-19-2014, 08:05 AM   #84
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I'll say it one more time, some of you need to abandon the idea of bumping your adjustment clip up a notch with aftermarket lift coils, not only will it drive like shit but it puts your UCA's out of range, or trying to retrofit 5 lug with 6 lug susp.

I've done it 1 time with a members 5 lug build & the cost $$$$ was huge

if you can find the link its called "Gerty, the build up" We started with a lowered 2nd gen 5 lugger & by the time it was finished many hours & $$$$$$$$ were spent because damned near everything had to be fabbed
Old 01-19-2014, 04:54 PM   #85
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen a couple other members with this setup use top plate spacers (1/4") to get back to 3 inches of lift after adding bumper/ skids. I have no first hand experience with this, although I'm thinking about it after adding my bumper and very soon a 1/8th" one piece front-mid skid.

As far as moving the C clip, I've heard it can and does cause damage when running the stiff EIBACH coil.

Don't hold me to the top plate spacer idea though. It's just what I've seen, I have no first hand expierience with adding small top plates with these coils.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #86

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthedick View Post
Got the truck back from the shop already and this thing fucking drives 10000000000000% better than before. I couldn't be happier. Nice and smooth and has a monster stance. Here's the final result.. final.jpg

I hope others can refer to this thread if they are thinking about running the same set up. I highly recommend it!
Hay Man!!! You loving it???? What is the front measurement now please?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #87
RNGRCaldera is on a distinguished road

Army: Army Ranger
RNGRCaldera's Tacoma Gallery
I have been looking at suspension packages and I have a question. most suspension packages include the front shocks and rear leaf springs. But if i install the leaf springs wont I need to replace the stock rear shocks?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #88
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah you would need extended length shocks for the rear.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #90

Thanks for all the help.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:10 AM   #91

So I finally got my 5100s and Eibach coils in the mail yesterday. Not to beat a dead horse but I want to make sure I put them on correctly. Do I keep the c clip on the zero or .85 (the second clip) setting to get a 3" lift? I looked around the forum but keep getting different answers.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:01 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNGRCaldera View Post
So I finally got my 5100s and Eibach coils in the mail yesterday. Not to beat a dead horse but I want to make sure I put them on correctly. Do I keep the c clip on the zero or .85 (the second clip) setting to get a 3" lift? I looked around the forum but keep getting different answers.

Yeah first gens don't have the .85" setting, that's only for 2nd gens because they get 4 lift height options. Anyway for us 1st gens the lowest clip is stock (zero lift) rise height and the 2nd clip is 1.75" lift. But with the Eibachs you need to put them on the stock ride height setting (zero lift). Reasons behind it are the Eibachs are stiff and shouldn't be preloaded on 1st gen trucks.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #93
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNGRCaldera View Post
Theres only one right answer, as mentioned DO NOT raise the clip from the bottom position with aftermarket coils, especially with the Eibachs, they'll give you 3" of lift
Old 01-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #94
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great dude!

Where'd you order from? And how much was the shipping?

How long'd it take to install the fronts and did you have trouble?
Old 03-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #95
nickthedick is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
nickthedick's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys sorry I haven't been on in a while.. I stopped getting emails regarding this thread so I figured it was buried already (which it seems to be now). I browsed through a few questions so I will try to answer the few there were. I ordered my set up from the Toytec website, I cant remember exactly how much shipping was. I live in Arizona and I am pretty sure it was under $100. If you are going to run the same setup as me DO NOT MOVE THE CLIP ON THE BILSTEINS. The first shop that installed mine did this thinking it didn't matter and because of that I have some popping up front which I think is coming from damage to my ball joints. The ride is very nice I would say it feels almost like stock just a little more stiff. I was originally going for a little bro lean but it seems like my truck sits almost perfectly level which hasn't bothered me much. Overall besides the popping I experience when hitting large pumps (ex. speed bumps) I am very pleased with it! I would definitely recommend!
Old 03-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #96
gman2530 Hey dude again sorry for not replying I am at work right now but when I get a chance I will definitely let you know the measurements!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #97
VintageFast is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
VintageFast's Tacoma Gallery
Nick,

Which kit did you buy from Toytec? I want to do the same thing on my 2 WD TRD Prerunner.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #98
I actually bought each thing individually.. but this is it.

Coils - http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ings_p_14.html

Shocks - http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ocks_p_94.html

Shackles - http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...oma_p_291.html

I also found this package which is a little more complete and with difference options for the rear I believe but I could be wrong..

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...s-_p_1137.html
Old 03-19-2014, 12:29 PM   #99
VintageFast is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
VintageFast's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking about buying the whole kit with the AAL's. Not sure what the AAL's will do with frowning leafs I have though.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #100
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Theres only one right answer, as mentioned DO NOT raise the clip from the bottom position with aftermarket coils, especially with the Eibachs, they'll give you 3" of lift
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthedick View Post
Hey guys sorry I haven't been on in a while.. I stopped getting emails regarding this thread so I figured it was buried already (which it seems to be now). I browsed through a few questions so I will try to answer the few there were. I ordered my set up from the Toytec website, I cant remember exactly how much shipping was. I live in Arizona and I am pretty sure it was under $100. If you are going to run the same setup as me DO NOT MOVE THE CLIP ON THE BILSTEINS. The first shop that installed mine did this thinking it didn't matter and because of that I have some popping up front which I think is coming from damage to my ball joints. The ride is very nice I would say it feels almost like stock just a little more stiff. I was originally going for a little bro lean but it seems like my truck sits almost perfectly level which hasn't bothered me much. Overall besides the popping I experience when hitting large pumps (ex. speed bumps) I am very pleased with it! I would definitely recommend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFast View Post
I'm thinking about buying the whole kit with the AAL's. Not sure what the AAL's will do with frowning leafs I have though.
If you do a good AAL your leafs will be fine, no single spring AAL's, usually too short,too stiff & can actually further the sag, or it'll be a single spring that will shortly flatten out.....

my builds...