Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bought Another Tacoma today...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #1
UssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
UssMoGn's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Bought Another Tacoma today...(Rebuild)

So a friend's mom rear ended a car, insurance totalled the truck.

This is how I picked her up

And within 3 hours at my house all the busted parts removed and new parts list created. This puts my Toyota count up to 4.

All work in this thread is done by me and my brother.
Here is my brothers Facebook N10CE Fabrications page.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:08 PM   #2
polack is on a distinguished road
polack's Tacoma Gallery
Lucky S.O.B. How much did you pay? I'm looking to by a totaled extra cab to part out and wonder what you guys are paying for the doubles.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cam
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
How do you plan on repairing the fender and core supports? I just crunched my passenger side up front, dropped the truck at my parents and haven't looked at it since. Will start fixing it in the spring.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #4
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What's that beast in the background?
Old 01-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #5
UssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shedUssMoGn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

UssMoGn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblum View Post
How do you plan on repairing the fender and core supports? I just crunched my passenger side up front, dropped the truck at my parents and haven't looked at it since. Will start fixing it in the spring.
Thats going to be my brothers job, but some what we came up with we will weld/bolt some plates on and pull it out using the big tree out front.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #6

UssMoGn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
What's that beast in the background?
Thats my brothers 40Runner. 4Runner modded frame/motor/tranny, 70 FJ40 body going to look something like a Wider FJ45 with IFS rolling on 42'' tires.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #7
Ratio
BYJOSHCOOK has a spectacular aura aboutBYJOSHCOOK has a spectacular aura about

Name: Josh
BYJOSHCOOK's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice man! I got my Toyota count at 2 myself and my dad has another so technically 3
Old 01-12-2014, 06:40 PM   #9

UssMoGn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYJOSHCOOK View Post
Very nice man! I got my Toyota count at 2 myself and my dad has another so technically 3
It becoming a addiction...
Old 01-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #10

UssMoGn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Heres a few pictures how we did it, still a few more bends and tweeks to get it right, but its come along way from being smashed into the tire and UCA/Shock.

LUCKY we just happened to have a spare 02' Passenger Fender just laying around my brother used to practice paint on. Now to order a New Front Core Support tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #11
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd.

hoping for a totalled dbcb here in town. highly unlucky though as they go for alot and quick.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:14 AM   #12
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
Is it at all possible to replace that fender support? Instead of pulling it out and straightening it, I'd much rather replace mine than try straightening the wrinkles out.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #13

UssMoGn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is it at all possible to replace that fender support? Instead of pulling it out and straightening it, I'd much rather replace mine than try straightening the wrinkles out.
From what I cant tell its a PITA to get the core fender off. Also I haven't found any place that sells replacement Fender Cores. So Id have to find one at a junk yard.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:03 AM   #14
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
Aw poo. Well maye I'll just try my best to straighten it out. I am an aircraft structures tech so I have lots of tooling for sheet metal work, no rams but I can figure that out some other way. Was just hoping to save time, I'd much rather drill a few spot welds and replace it then straighten it out.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #15

UssMoGn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Aw poo. Well maye I'll just try my best to straighten it out. I am an aircraft structures tech so I have lots of tooling for sheet metal work, no rams but I can figure that out some other way. Was just hoping to save time, I'd much rather drill a few spot welds and replace it then straighten it out.
Me to man. Id love to just replace it all together.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #16
Mr Lazy
mr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr optimist is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
mr optimist's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UssMoGn View Post
Thats my brothers 40Runner. 4Runner modded frame/motor/tranny, 70 FJ40 body going to look something like a Wider FJ45 with IFS rolling on 42'' tires.
Is there a build thread of that?
Old 01-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #17
egebhardt is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
egebhardt's Tacoma Gallery
I like it so far. Keep it up!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #18

UssMoGn's Tacoma Gallery

Got the Core support in place and bolted to the un damage driver side. Now just to tweek the other side till it fits.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #19

UssMoGn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr optimist View Post
Is there a build thread of that?
I think hes got a facebook page for it. Ill try to find the link.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #20

UssMoGn's Tacoma Gallery
Heres a better picture of it for your view pleasure.

Products Discussed in this Thread