Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bili 5100/ eibach springs question

Old 01-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #21
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer, leave in july (currently highschool senior)
Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYJOSHCOOK View Post
Thought so, I'm the guy who drives the lifted silver Tacoma (my profile pic)

We should off-road sometime
I'd be down! Where do you usually go? my main places are behind parks at cedarcrest and a few places off 61.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post

jesus christ dude. if a website that specializes in suspension parts for our trucks says it wont fit...why the hell would you buy it?

almost everything about the 5 and 6 lug suspensions are different. you cannot use 6 lug struts on a 5 lug coil bucket
I honestly didn't see it lol
Old 01-20-2014, 10:33 AM   #22
stikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
stikle's Tacoma Gallery
This might seem like an obvious question but...if they are unused, have you checked into returning them for a refund (minus shipping/handling/stocking fees of course)? Seems to me it would be better to cut your losses and get most of your money back than screw your truck up trying to make them work...
Old 01-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #23
Don't hoot with the Owls, soar with the Eagles
BYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enoughBYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
BYJOSHCOOK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card1 View Post
I'd be down! Where do you usually go? my main places are behind parks at cedarcrest and a few places off 61.
I've only gone in the back of Seven Hills and Parks at Cedarcrest, but I'd be down for what ever
Old 01-20-2014, 07:57 PM   #24
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYJOSHCOOK View Post
I've only gone in the back of Seven Hills and Parks at Cedarcrest, but I'd be down for what ever
I'm in desperate need of tires, so after i pay off my ticket i might get some take-off 31's if a lift falls into play. or wait till tax returns and throw on 32's. doubt they'll clear but ya never know.

Also guys, my brother (doesn't know too much about trucks) told me to go LT rather than SAS cause apparently with a straight axle, i'll catch rocks and get stuck more. I feel like LT would take alot less work and headaches also?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:15 PM   #25
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
LT has a lot less custom fab than SAS, with LT if you aren't gonna push real hard you only need limited gusseting.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #26
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
SAS is better for the rocks as long as you set it up correctly. LT is better for smoother ride over whoops, washboard, and jumps.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #27

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
SAS is better for the rocks as long as you set it up correctly. LT is better for smoother ride over whoops, washboard, and jumps.
True. i don't do much crawling, i live in mid/ north GA.

Does anyone have links to LCA's? i've seen a hell of a lot of uppers but nothing about just lowers. There are a few pictures i've seen with the setup i have, but the lower shock mounts are like regular trucks, without bar pins. Only one point where it mounts to the frame also.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #28
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
True. i don't do much crawling, i live in mid/ north GA.

Does anyone have links to LCA's? i've seen a hell of a lot of uppers but nothing about just lowers. There are a few pictures i've seen with the setup i have, but the lower shock mounts are like regular trucks, without bar pins. Only one point where it mounts to the frame also.
Only LCA's they make for 1st gens are long travel LCA's.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #29
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Only LCA's they make for 1st gens are long travel LCA's.
This ^^^
Here's a LT kit, after the kit you need coil overs, fiberglass fenders, and extended brake lines.
http://www.chaosfab.com/96-04-Toyota...Kit-98000.html
Old 01-20-2014, 08:48 PM   #30

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
This ^^^
Here's a LT kit, after the kit you need coil overs, fiberglass fenders, and extended brake lines.
http://www.chaosfab.com/96-04-Toyota...Kit-98000.html
Yeah i've drooled over that one quite a few times lol. I've seen with the fiberwerx clip, i wouldn't need a lift for bigger tires? Idk, i feel like that may look goofy if i actually fell through with it. considering i only have 3" spindle.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #31

Quote:
Yeah i've drooled over that one quite a few times lol. I've seen with the fiberwerx clip, i wouldn't need a lift for bigger tires? Idk, i feel like that may look goofy if i actually fell through with it. considering i only have 3" spindle.
Yeah, don't get a clip with stock width haha it would look terrible.

And fenders aren't the only issue with larger tires. You also can rub the UCA, frame at full turn, or the cab.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #32
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The LT kit gives you 3-4'' of lift.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #33

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, don't get a clip with stock width haha it would look terrible.

And fenders aren't the only issue with larger tires. You also can rub the UCA, frame at full turn, or the cab.
Yeah thats true. What if i put on my wheel spacers again? i mean, don't get me wrong, i'm not much one of knowing geometry but they stuck out pretty far considering the doestch spindles brought them out like an inch and a half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
The LT kit gives you 3-4'' of lift.
That's also a couple grand though. My truck is a brainstorm, i swear lol
Old 01-20-2014, 08:57 PM   #34

Quote:
Yeah thats true. What if i put on my wheel spacers again? i mean, don't get me wrong, i'm not much one of knowing geometry but they stuck out pretty far considering the doestch spindles brought them out like an inch and a half.
Considering the LT kit brings your tires out 3" on each side, I don't recommend putting a 3" wheel spacer on each side. You could put a good quality 1.25" on both sides but it would still look too small imo. You could still rub the cab depending on what size tire you get.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:01 PM   #35
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That's also a couple grand though. My truck is a brainstorm, i swear lol
Yup, when i had my 5 lugger i couldn't decide on LT or SAS, not that i have the money for either.
Now that i have my 4x4 i have many more inexpensive options.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #36

Honestly if I had a 5-lug. I'd just turn it into a nice lowered truck until I had the money to go LT.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:08 PM   #37

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
I hear ya. Checked the coils just now, they look pretty damn close to me! If the bili's don't work, i'll probably just send them back and order some lift shocks and use the eibachs.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:30 PM   #39

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
i can assure you.

The 5100s WILL NOT WORK

the Eibachs WILL NOT WORK

dont even try. Not worth your time or effort. Just sell them now and get something else.
1 You don't have my truck to compare parts

2 Having a truck with the name of "Frankenstein" i would think that you would support my build more. I mean, if you want to be arrogant about me experimenting for the future 5 luggers that get as curious as i do, than you can stay off my thread.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:38 PM   #40
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
1 You don't have my truck to compare parts

2 Having a truck with the name of "Frankenstein" i would think that you would support my build more. I mean, if you want to be arrogant about me experimenting for the future 5 luggers that get as curious as i do, than you can stay off my thread.

Uh dude..

I have a 5 lugger frame sitting out in my garage.

I have taking apart more of these trucks then you will ever touch.

I kinda know the big differences between your truck..and mine.

One the the biggest being..guess what..THE SUSPENSION!

They are 100% NOT swapable in any way shape or form.

But hey, if you want to waste your time and your money doing something completely impossible without some serious custom fabrication...be my guest.

If your ignorant and just down right stupid enough to ignore the 5+ people that have out right told you it won't work plus every other retail website that sells these parts that they won't work. Be my guest.

I will enjoy saying...i told you so...after you have wasted way more time then need and more money.

But, go for it.