Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bili 5100/ eibach springs question

Old 01-20-2014, 09:43 PM   #41
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer, leave in july (currently highschool senior)
Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Uh dude..

I have a 5 lugger frame sitting out in my garage.

I have taking apart more of these trucks then you will ever touch.

I kinda know the big differences between your truck..and mine.

One the the biggest being..guess what..THE SUSPENSION!

They are 100% NOT swapable in any way shape or form.

But hey, if you want to waste your time and your money doing something completely impossible without some serious custom fabrication...be my guest.

If your ignorant and just down right stupid enough to ignore the 5+ people that have out right told you it won't work plus every other retail website that sells these parts that they won't work. Be my guest.

I will enjoy saying...i told you so...after you have wasted way more time then need and more money.

But, go for it.
Have you ever held them in person? I have the setup as stated before, i mean hell, it probably will end up going up for sale. I'm just trying to make the best of my truck with the bottom $
Old 01-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #42
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card1 View Post
Have you ever held them in person? I have the setup as stated before, i mean hell, it probably will end up going up for sale. I'm just trying to make the best of my truck with the bottom $

I own them..they are on my truck right now..

Yes..i have held them.

no they will not fit.

Lucky for you. They are easy to sell on here as its a very popular combination. You won't loose more then 20-30 bucks.

I can also tell you right now. To do anything right at all..it is not going to be cheap. If you can't afford to mod it right the first time. Dont mod it at all. Save save save till you can.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:00 PM   #43
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #44
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I own them..they are on my truck right now..

Yes..i have held them.

no they will not fit.

Lucky for you. They are easy to sell on here as its a very popular combination. You won't loose more then 20-30 bucks.

I can also tell you right now. To do anything right at all..it is not going to be cheap. If you can't afford to mod it right the first time. Dont mod it at all. Save save save till you can.

I hate to keep on this topic, but how different are the coil buckets on each of the setups? If they're anywhere similar than I wouldn't see why atleast the springs don't fit. Regardless if it says they aren't for the truck, but line up, I'd put them on the truck. Kinda like the 64 chevy leaf springs, I mean someone had to do it! This is coming from a future engineers perspective. I mean, I'm all for trial and error if you know what I mean.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #45
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
It's because those Eibach coils are rated for about 620lbs and are too long for the length between your a-arms. Stock 6-lug coils are longer than your stock 5-lug coils and those Eibachs are even longer than the stock 6-lug coils. So even if the coil buckets are the same, they'll still be too long and too stiff for your truck yielding absolutely no travel.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #46
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hate to keep on this topic, but how different are the coil buckets on each of the setups? If they're anywhere similar than I wouldn't see why atleast the springs don't fit. Regardless if it says they aren't for the truck, but line up, I'd put them on the truck. Kinda like the 64 chevy leaf springs, I mean someone had to do it! This is coming from a future engineers perspective. I mean, I'm all for trial and error if you know what I mean.

No

The coils are way too long. And way to beefy for your truck anyways. They will not fit.

THe top mounts are also different and i think the bottoms are a bit different as well so even if the shock could fit...which it cant, it is way too long for your truck...the bolts won't work right.

Its a lost cause. there is a reason why no one has done it..and why on the web page you bought it is says they do not fit 5 lug trucks.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:31 PM   #47
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
1 You don't have my truck to compare parts

2 Having a truck with the name of "Frankenstein" i would think that you would support my build more. I mean, if you want to be arrogant about me experimenting for the future 5 luggers that get as curious as i do, than you can stay off my thread.

You are dumb. He has the name Frankenstein because he has worked on his truck so much everything has been taken apart and changed, and most of it isn't even factory.

On another note 5100s will never work and eibachs will never work. For a reason. On 6 lugs the shock and coil is one single unit called a coil over....in a 5 lug the coil sits in the coil bucket with the the shock inside of it. There is no place for you to even attach the dam shock. Let alone get it all to fit in there.

And I owned a 5 lug for over 2 years before my 6 lug. Believe me I know what the front end looks like
Old 01-20-2014, 10:42 PM   #48

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
K that makes a lot more sense. Pisses me off when people just say the word "no" expecting the same experiment not to come out lol. A regular 6 lug coil couldn't lift it? Like you see people with rangers put f150 coils, toyota isn't as universal as them? I mean, don't go hellfire and send missiles my way, I'm just wondering lol
Old 01-20-2014, 10:43 PM   #49
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
K that makes a lot more sense. Pisses me off when people just say the word "no" expecting the same experiment not to come out lol. A regular 6 lug coil couldn't lift it? Like you see people with rangers put f150 coils, toyota isn't as universal as them? I mean, don't go hellfire and send missiles my way, I'm just wondering lol
Haha come on man. We've told you multiple times and I've tried being polite about it. Asking your question in a different way still gives the same result. The coils will not fit without cutting and fabbing up custom mounts.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:45 PM   #51

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No..they do not fit. We aren't ford rangers.

Toyota is VERY universal in many other ways. But not when it goes to 5 lugger/6 lugger suspension.
Wellll that is one son of a b'tch!
Old 01-20-2014, 10:53 PM   #52

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Probably the dumbest question but I don't have much to lose.. Anyone ever think about cutting them..?
Old 01-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #54
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I serisouly wouldn't..

they are a 620lb coil rate. VERY high. Made for trucks with a plate bumper, winch and skids. You dont have any of that. So even if you cut them down..the ride would horrendous on your truck.
X2
They would ride rough, and I'm not sure you could cut them safely

Your best bet for a little lift on a budget would be 5 lug v6 coils (~1/2") and a poly spacer from fat bobs garage
Old 01-20-2014, 11:08 PM   #56

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
X2
They would ride rough, and I'm not sure you could cut them safely

Your best bet for a little lift on a budget would be 5 lug v6 coils (~1/2") and a poly spacer from fat bobs garage
That's true. Greatly appreciated. Wondering if anyone ever put any kinda stock coils from a different ride to pick it up? I'll be doing research on it, but if so I bet I could find some performance springs designed for that rig, so mine would have a plushy ride. I mean, maybe/ maybe not but I'll always have an eye open and if anyone knows info that would be great. Other than the answer "no" lol.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:09 PM   #57

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Never knew they made a V6 5-lug 1st gen?
Not a single cab. Thought about a 3.4 swap but if I were to give her a different motor, it'd be a 4bt cummins
Old 01-20-2014, 11:11 PM   #59
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Never knew they made a V6 5-lug 1st gen?
S-runner had a v6
Dang it Monte
Old 01-20-2014, 11:21 PM   #60

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
S-runner had a v6
You think those would be longer though? It being a street truck, I'd think they'd just make them stiffer, due to handling and a heavier motor