Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bili 5100/ eibach springs question

Old 01-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #81
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer, leave in july (currently highschool senior)
Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone actually interested in fabbing.. Other than this guy.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:28 AM   #82
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
We aren't BSing with you

We are trying to get you to stop doing something that is a waste of effort time and money and unsafe.

If you actually want to offroad, you have the wrong truck. Sell it and get a real 4wd truck.

Stacking spacers is a horrible idea.

Lift shackles will work differently on your truck then ours as its a SUA setup so it won't lift the truck that much.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #83
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card1 View Post
You ever heard of lift shackles? Read it up, fuck tard. I'm really sacrificing my life in the next few years for ignorant bastards that can't Bs with me on the internet? Fucking chill you douche bag.
Hey, dumbass, your truck is spring under axle. Lift shackles add lift if it is spring OVER. So why don't you cool your jets and learn a bit more ok princess?
Old 01-21-2014, 12:00 PM   #85
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
I don't come here to intentionally fight over lift kits. What I was talking about with a double spacer, I know you aren't suppose to stack them. The spring could come loose and god knows after that. I'm talking about fabbing a sleeve over part of the spring to prevent that. I wasn't born yesterday, just because I'm younger than the majority on this site doesn't mean I haven't looked into it all. And think about the physics with a shackle lift. It's called a shackle lift for a reason, and also about bodylifts? Why do so many jeeps include them? I'm not 30 yrs old planning on running my truck for the rest of my life. As stated before, I'm just making my dd an adventure-mobile for the time being before the service. Yeah they aren't preferred but for clearing a set of tires, I feel like it's necessary to pay $100 rather than 3,000. Being an 18 yr old working at a grocery store, it's fine to me to have an inch or so separating the body from the frame. It's not a 4wd so I wouldn't have front driveline issues and for the rear it would be very minimal. Again, I have no intentions on fighting with anyone on here, but if you're gonna come off on that foot than so be it. Other than that, I still appreciate ya'lls input.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #86

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Oh you want to start fabbing now, you should take advice from this guy. The both of you can get together and make some high quality stuff!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...n-version.html
Lol I saw his truck on craigslist the other day
Old 01-21-2014, 03:03 PM   #87
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol I saw his truck on craigslist the other day
this was the guy I was referring to when I said the last guy that tried to go rogue with fabrication got laughed out of three of his own threads.

....and it looks like you're headed down that path. nothing you want to do will work. at least not safely, or for too long. don't do it bruh (am I appealing to your high school lingo?)

oh and you haven't sacrificed your life for anyone yet so don't be getting all uppity over joining the marines. for all we know you'll drop out of basic. I'll respect your service when you serve.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #88
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey, dumbass, your truck is spring under axle. Lift shackles add lift if it is spring OVER. So why don't you cool your jets and learn a bit more ok princess?
Shackles will add lift to spring under also
Old 01-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #89

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
this was the guy I was referring to when I said the last guy that tried to go rogue with fabrication got laughed out of three of his own threads.

....and it looks like you're headed down that path. nothing you want to do will work. at least not safely, or for too long. don't do it bruh (am I appealing to your high school lingo?)

oh and you haven't sacrificed your life for anyone yet so don't be getting all uppity over joining the marines. for all we know you'll drop out of basic. I'll respect your service when you serve.
That was just an idea, I'm about 100% I'm not gonna be redoing my shock mounts and everything.. S runner coils are definitely a go though. My mos will be sketchy, combat engineer. If I'm in the field however. But yeah stoked on my trucks outcome.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #90
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That was just an idea, I'm about 100% I'm not gonna be redoing my shock mounts and everything.. S runner coils are definitely a go though. My mos will be sketchy, combat engineer. If I'm in the field however. But yeah stoked on my trucks outcome.
if you're leaving you might as well leave it AS IS. no one will be driving it right? I mean you'll come back with a paycheck so I'd just wait until you're paid enough to either go all out on it or buy a new truck.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:55 PM   #91

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
if you're leaving you might as well leave it AS IS. no one will be driving it right? I mean you'll come back with a paycheck so I'd just wait until you're paid enough to either go all out on it or buy a new truck.
Yeah, I just wanna do something with tax returns though. I'd get a 4 wheeler if one came around but they usually end up a project or disaster. For a couple hundred, I was just gonna get the coils and 2" BL to fit them 32's. Or whatever looks like could make it under there
Old 01-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #93
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This is why I said "intended service".....
Old 01-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #94

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shit, did I just herp derp hard? Maybe I was mixing it up with inverted shackles
haha yeah man, tell you this, made me think about that one pretty hard lol. Which are the most recommended shackles? 4crawler will do a reinforce one if you ask him but testing waters for other brands.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:30 PM   #95
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
If your interested in selling your 'unmodified parts' for a slight cut im interested. Please dont torch the springs or something silly then try to sell them to me...

(I pm'd him about these parts before reading this thread...read he was selling them in a different thread).
Old 01-30-2014, 02:04 PM   #96
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: If I told ya, I'd have to kill you...
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol there's no McGyver method. no secret TacomaWorld mod. no effin way possible.

the last "McGyver" that tried to ghetto rig his 5 lug got laughed out of three of his own threads.

buy a 6lug, amigo
HAHA is that the "Homebuilt Long Travel" "off road monster" you are referring to?
Old 01-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #97
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Would yall reccomend installing the 5100s on a lift or the ground? Anything else i can do while im under there? Doin it tomorow!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 02:26 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
HAHA is that the "Homebuilt Long Travel" "off road monster" you are referring to?
yes Mr. 5lugger95 and his mangled, jimmy-rigged, POS monstrosity of a rig to be exact
Old 01-30-2014, 08:09 PM   #99

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes Mr. 5lugger95 and his mangled, jimmy-rigged, POS monstrosity of a rig to be exact
Should i post his craigslist link??
Old 01-30-2014, 11:16 PM   #100
teehext is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
teehext's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
Would yall reccomend installing the 5100s on a lift or the ground? Anything else i can do while im under there? Doin it tomorow!!!
If you're just doing shocks you won't need to jack the truck up. May as well check all your u-bolt torques while you have the tools out. Maybe clean and spray some undercoat on the axle/frame?

Edit: Assuming we're talking rear here...