Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bili 5100/ eibach springs question

Old 01-18-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer, leave in july (currently highschool senior)
Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Bili 5100/ eibach springs question

Hey guys, first post! I have a 96 2wd taco 2.4, already ordered the 51's and coils, they're currently chillin in the toolbox of my truck. The trouble i'm having is that my truck's front end suspension is mounted up with bar pins. My personal mechanic told me it couldn't work but i'm refusing to take that answer. I've heard of BPE's that zone makes and a few other companies.. I'm wondering if they're the same measurements though. I haven't come across someone (online) with another toyota that has bar pins. i'm seeing alot of jeep forums however and as i said, i'm wondering if they have the same dimensions. (2.5" from each bolt center)
Old 01-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #3
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
I found a few websites that said its universal for tacomas. The trouble is that (this is what local autozone told me) when they put together tacomas in their beginning that toyota used spare parts from the older pickups. Because when my brother (previously owned my truck) was replacing the brake calipers, none of the tacoma ones fit and he ordered (idr the year) but he ordered some for an early 90's yota and they bolted right up. i'm thinking this applies the same with my suspension issue cause my truck also doesn't have the 3 bolts above the strut mount. pics later if needed.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
as far as i know 5 lug suspension is totally different from 6 lug. Ive heard places like fat bobs garage make lifts for 5 lugs. Call toytec and ask but I'm 99% sure they def won't fit your truck
Old 01-18-2014, 12:19 PM   #5
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
That's why it won't work then haha

You said yourself that it doesn't have the 3 bolts for the top hat, which 6 lugs have.

There's just not a way for you to use 6-lug suspension without a lot of modifying. Sorry.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #6

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Not trying to be ignorant to what you guys are saying, i understand that. You can see with my truck that the top bolt is still visible and that's all that's required for the shocks to mount up (at the top)

Now with the bottom end, my truck uses bar pins for the shocks to stay in place. This company (primarily for jeeps) makes a part that allows your rig to be universal to different kind of shocks. I've seen DIY options where people have a 90 deg. bent slab to mock this setup and a plate at the bottom to show that it's stable. But this is the basic setup. (please tell me this is coming together with you guys??)

Old 01-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #7
Don't hoot with the Owls, soar with the Eagles
BYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enoughBYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
BYJOSHCOOK's Tacoma Gallery
Totally off topic, but do you work out at Freedom Fitness now Momentum Fitness?
Old 01-18-2014, 05:21 PM   #8
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If you really want to try it go for it. But I'm pretty sure it won't work, seems like everything is just wrong about it.. My advice is return the lift and Pursue a lift designed for your truck. Try posting in the 5 lug section, you might get more advice in there
Old 01-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #9
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Can you take some pictures specifically of the lower shock mount, along with the upper and lower spring bucket/perch?

My thought is that you can fit a spring in there, as long as the spring diameter is correct. I'd measure and see if the two match. Beyond that, look at your shock mount setup to see differences there...
Old 01-18-2014, 10:23 PM   #11
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
as far as i know 5 lug suspension is totally different from 6 lug. Ive heard places like fat bobs garage make lifts for 5 lugs. Call toytec and ask but I'm 99% sure they def won't fit your truck
This
OP, i used to have a 5 lug and the only way to effectively lift a 5 lug is with spindles, body lift (not recommended), and coil spacer.

Here's my 5 lugger build http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/5-l...cos-build.html
Old 01-19-2014, 11:41 AM   #12

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Ohhh ok i see what you guys are getting at now.. If i can mcgyver a BPE than i'll give it a shot and let ya know how it goes. Will take pics later of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYJOSHCOOK View Post
Totally off topic, but do you work out at Freedom Fitness now Momentum Fitness?
And yes, i'm the short, stout mf'er that goes with ben sometimes in the green yota/ grey s10 haha
Old 01-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #13
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card1 View Post
Ohhh ok i see what you guys are getting at now.. If i can mcgyver a BPE than i'll give it a shot and let ya know how it goes. Will take pics later of it.

And yes, i'm the short, stout mf'er that goes with ben sometimes in the green yota/ grey s10 haha
lol there's no McGyver method. no secret TacomaWorld mod. no effin way possible.

the last "McGyver" that tried to ghetto rig his 5 lug got laughed out of three of his own threads.

buy a 6lug, amigo
Old 01-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #14

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
lol there's no McGyver method. no secret TacomaWorld mod. no effin way possible.

the last "McGyver" that tried to ghetto rig his 5 lug got laughed out of three of his own threads.

buy a 6lug, amigo
I mean, i would but i have way too much connection with this truck. Story time?
Old 01-19-2014, 04:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Build thread time! All were saying is that lift won't fit man. Good for you for being sentimental with your truck, I feel the same way about mine and I will never sell it
Old 01-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #16
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
The ONLY way you'll get that lift to fit would be to cut your front suspension off and weld mounts in the same spot they are on a 6 lug, then stick 6 lug arms on it.
But if you did that you might as well throw a solid axle under it.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #17
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know I know, same here. Ive been waiting to up to full 4WD but goddamn it I love my truck.

if you want a different suspension you have two routes:

1. solid axle swap
2. full long travel
Old 01-19-2014, 05:03 PM   #18

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
I know I know, same here. Ive been waiting to up to full 4WD but goddamn it I love my truck.

if you want a different suspension you have two routes:

1. solid axle swap
2. full long travel
My buddy has a 98 taco and he's giving it an SAS. i've thought about long travel or i beam it.. probably long travel though cause i've heard you have more of a chance with breaking the bead on the tire while landing jumps. i don't jump much but yeah, long travel would probably be my best bet.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #19
Don't hoot with the Owls, soar with the Eagles
BYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enoughBYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
BYJOSHCOOK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thought so, I'm the guy who drives the lifted silver Tacoma (my profile pic)

We should off-road sometime