Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rock slider soon. What are your recommendations?

View Poll Results: Which would you recommend?
All Pro 12 9.38%
BAMF 61 47.66%
cbi 7 5.47%
Elite 4 3.13%
Relentless Fab 6 4.69%
Other (PLEASE SPECIFY) 38 29.69%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #41
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Good information there. Let me ask you this, just so I can learn more. I have seen square based sliders on trucks before, and the biggest complaint was that the square part has corners obviously, and that these corners would hang up on rocks making it difficult to truly "slide" along rocks in some situations such as sideways because the corners would "hang". For this reason I have ruled out any square designs. I will admit that I am open to discussion here. What can you tell me about the differences, other than strength. I want strength, and this alone may make me reconsider the base design. Convince me.
I see what your saying about the corners I have never had an issue with sliding on my sliders. Where are you thinking you would hang up on? I personally think the hybrid design looks better than full round but that's personal preference. Other then looks and being stronger there is not much more to sell you on the hybrid slider.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:54 AM   #42
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good information there. Let me ask you this, just so I can learn more. I have seen square based sliders on trucks before, and the biggest complaint was that the square part has corners obviously, and that these corners would hang up on rocks making it difficult to truly "slide" along rocks in some situations such as sideways because the corners would "hang". For this reason I have ruled out any square designs. I will admit that I am open to discussion here. What can you tell me about the differences, other than strength. I want strength, and this alone may make me reconsider the base design. Convince me.
I have seen Square sliders fall into a ridge on a rock and prevent a slider from letting a truck go sideways. But im not convinced that tube would have been any different. What I see is the big problem is how far forward and back the slider goes. On my friends ranger he didn't build his sliders forward enough and he got a rock caught between the slider and the tire. Had it been a 2-3 inches closer to the tire it would have been on top of it.
They will all be strong and they will all deflect to some amount if your going to be dropping the truck onto them. It depends where you weld them on but leave a decent gap from the pinchweld. (or add a .5" body lift)

I think every one of the options is good and what the choice comes down to is Cost and customization options. I wish that when I ordered mine I hadn't just gotten the regular design. If you looking for an Expo truck. I would seriously think about how you are going to reach into your bed. I wish I had gotten a kickout/step on the rear just before the tire. While I can stand on the little lip I do have it doesn't stick out enough and I wish there was a flat plate on the back 8" or so.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:30 AM   #43
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I see what your saying about the corners I have never had an issue with sliding on my sliders. Where are you thinking you would hang up on? I personally think the hybrid design looks better than full round but that's personal preference. Other then looks and being stronger there is not much more to sell you on the hybrid slider.
See the bolded part below. That is the best explanation on what I have heard. Never experienced it, but then again, I never had square tubing. I admit your design of turning them up on end I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capetaco12 View Post
I have seen Square sliders fall into a ridge on a rock and prevent a slider from letting a truck go sideways. But im not convinced that tube would have been any different. What I see is the big problem is how far forward and back the slider goes. On my friends ranger he didn't build his sliders forward enough and he got a rock caught between the slider and the tire. Had it been a 2-3 inches closer to the tire it would have been on top of it.
They will all be strong and they will all deflect to some amount if your going to be dropping the truck onto them. It depends where you weld them on but leave a decent gap from the pinchweld. (or add a .5" body lift)

I think every one of the options is good and what the choice comes down to is Cost and customization options. I wish that when I ordered mine I hadn't just gotten the regular design. If you looking for an Expo truck. I would seriously think about how you are going to reach into your bed. I wish I had gotten a kickout/step on the rear just before the tire. While I can stand on the little lip I do have it doesn't stick out enough and I wish there was a flat plate on the back 8" or so.
I intend to get mine with some kind of kickout for the rear. I will need access to my bedrack and such. Once I decide which ones I will get, then I will talk customization with the builder for sure.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:46 AM   #44
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
See the bolded part below. That is the best explanation on what I have heard. Never experienced it, but then again, I never had square tubing. I admit your design of turning them up on end I like.
Yeah I've never been a fan of full square tube sliders that's why i like a hybrid design it's the best of both worlds being stronger and having the round tube on the outer rail for sliding across rocks.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #45
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah I've never been a fan of full square tube sliders that's why i like a hybrid design it's the best of both worlds being stronger and having the round tube on the outer rail for sliding across rocks.
OK. Well then I will amend my requirements to allow hybrid designs, as long as the outside tube set is round.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:16 AM   #46
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
My BAMFs have taken the full weight of my truck numerous times, and I'd say my truck is heavier than most. Full ATO skids, BAMF lca's (which have saved them), BAMF rear diff skid (which has easily saved it), front steel DeMello bumper with winch, full sized spare KM2, with two boxes of survival and recovery gear, and my fat ass with a passenger. I slammed into one rock so hard I would've bet money they were severely damaged, but, alas, just scratches. (I'm an expo rig, btw.) The kick-ups and outs were what switched me from the DeMellos. Those things looked liked sleds and, even with the same round tubing, I felt strongly they were going to hang me up since they were sticking straight out, which I why I got the newer sliders. Personal experience tells me my BAMFs are solid.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:16 AM   #47
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK. Well then I will amend my requirements to allow hybrid designs, as long as the outside tube set is round.
Yeah I highly recommend it.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #48
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBurrito07 View Post
Is this a joke?

Anyways back to the OP question. I've seen several local guys with 4xinovations thrash on them. I'm up in the air between those and BAMF when it comes time to replace my current set.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #49
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
For an all round-tube slider and bang for the buck cost, I've been extremely happy with my Trail Gear sliders. I've dropped the full weight of the truck on to them, skidded them over rocks more times than I can count now. Bounced one off a tree. Just used them the way sliders are meant to be used.

I'm not going to comment on products from other places here, but just give my firsthand experience with the ones I have. I have two sets of TG sliders. One set on my Tacoma and another set on my HEAVY Land Cruiser. Both sets have been abused and with a fresh coat of paint still look like new. No dents or bends.

Everyone has their own reasons for choosing one product over another. For simple function and great cost, I have zero complaints about the TG sliders and would stack them up against any other slider on the market. Just my two cents.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:33 AM   #50
ASE Master Tech

Seems like the top votes are for BAMF and 4X innovations. Still doing some research. Thanks for all the input. I'm welcome to hear more!
Old 01-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #51
Banned
Black Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Black Pipe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya'll don't worry about clouding up my thread. I asked for honest and specific answers from personal experience. Since I sell a product as well I know that shit happens and sometimes people are not pleased with everything. I am not as worried about small dings and dents from shipping. Hell, it adds character before they even get installed. I am not worried too much about appearance. As mentioned, these WILL get abused. I am not light on the trail, and this truck is slowly being converted to handle expeditions. Eventually (I am thinking 5 years?) I will have her built for a 2 week road trip I want to take to Alaska. I need parts that FUNCTION, not always look pretty. That being said, I would prefer the comments to be centralized around some specific factors. Perhaps I should have been specific when I opened the thread, but sometimes answers beget questions. So let us include this:

It must be capable of minimal, but acceptable deflection when wheel may slide off a rock, slamming the weight of the truck on the slider.

It must be weld-on

It must be round tubing

More requirements may be added as I learn more. You all know by now I don't just go out and buy something. I want to learn about it first so that I know what I am investing in. So keep the info and suggestions coming. I have to admit from the actual count, it looks like the majority of people are voting for 4X4 innovations. I have never actually looked at their products. I guess I will, so that I can be fair in my judgment.

J Lee, I admit that while I have shared a few discussions with you in other threads, I tend to see many of your posts as condescending. Now it may just be my perception since text does not always convey emotion, or humor at all. (I assume that is why we have smilies! ) That being said, I do value your knowledge when it comes to metal fabrication. So if YOU were to personally make a recommendation of a slider by someone OTHER than who you work for/with, which would you recommend? Why? For those who ARE fabricators and are posting here, why do you recommend your product over others?

While I am not saying price is not an object, I will say that certain things you SHOULD consider spending the extra money on to get a quality product. I mean I could buy the super-cheap bearings for my assemblies and save the guys a ton of money. But I would be selling an inferior product. So let's hear the pros and cons on the sliders themselves, and less about the individual sellers. Then I can ask about reputation. You can have the greatest reputation in the world, but if the sliders don't do what I want, it is a waste of time.

Thanks again for all of the input from EVERYONE.
I have the CBI bolt on DOMs and have been really happy with them, held up to much abuse and just keep on asking. I've also welded a set of 4x inno DOM sliders on another members truck a few months back and was very impressed with the 4x sliders. If I knew what I know now I would have bought 4x from the getgo, they are by far the cheapest DOM sliders on the market. Where the cheaper price comes into play is that you have to weld the tube legs and gussets on yourself, but I actually found that to be beneficial although more work. This allows you to set the length of the slider legs and the angle at what the slider sits at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew8404 View Post
I have no idea what your talking about. LOVE MY BAMF sliders!Attachment 252360
How about BradyT88 he can't even open up his door with his BAMF sliders bolted on

And I've also seen more than one set of BAMF sliders bent from shipping, and another member who's BAMF slider was rattling so hard against the pinch weld he could barely stand to drive the truck with them bolted on.

To claim this is the shipping companies fault is just rediculous. It's poor packaging, my sliders came enclosed in their own pallet. If the shipper that BAMF uses is really that bad, it should be on HIM to find a better shipping company to deliver a quality product EVERY time.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #52
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know much about other designs, but I am really happy with my bolt-on CBI sliders. I bought them second hand, but I believe they are .120 wall HREW... At any rate, I've beaten on them hard and they haven't bent, shifted or dented at all.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:16 PM   #53
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pipe View Post
How about BradyT88 he can't even open up his door with his BAMF sliders bolted on

And I've also seen more than one set of BAMF sliders bent from shipping, and another member who's BAMF slider was rattling so hard against the pinch weld he could barely stand to drive the truck with them bolted on.

To claim this is the shipping companies fault is just rediculous. It's poor packaging, my sliders came enclosed in their own pallet. If the shipper that BAMF uses is really that bad, it should be on HIM to find a better shipping company to deliver a quality product EVERY time.
The kick out has been modified to clear DCSB rear door under a load so maybe you should know what your talking about before you type. And all bolt on sliders are strapped to a pallet shipping damages happen there is no way around it other then crating them and no one wants to pay for that.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #54
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pipe View Post
Sucks for Brady, and you're not quite telling the truth here, are you? Let him give his own review since you have no personal experience with these. What he truly stated was he didn't mind how close it was because he COULD still open the door. So you should add on to what you wrote to state that the photo you posted had all the truck's weight on that part of the slider ("worst case scenario" he wrote). I did one of those "hey, look, my tire is on a rock, check that flex!" photos, and my whole truck torqued. Could barely open the doors, definitely couldn't close them, and that was the truck frame. I didn't go around claiming every Tacoma is a pos because of it, though. Just appears you're starting to chase BAMF and have a personal beef with him. Again, my own personal experience is top-notch with these sliders!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:35 PM   #55
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This "spirited debate" brings up a good point about sliders that is worth noting for those that are looking at sliders. It doesn't matter the brand, if the slider you buy has a kickout, you MUST be very careful about the angle of the slider, and how tight to the body they are mounted. If you angle the sliders too steep or they are welded close to the body, even if the front doors open just fine, the back doors aren't going to have the same amount of clearance because of the kickout.

I've had to help a couple different people cut and reweld sliders because of that very issue.

Just to be clear, I'm not knocking any particular vendor or the design of sliders with kickouts. I actually think that kickouts are a great feature to keep the bed of the truck out of the rocks. It's just a feature that you have to work around when mounting them.

That being said, I don't have kickouts on my sliders. Much easier.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #56
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Disregard my comments above if you have a regular cab or an extra cab without back doors. This only applies to double cabs or 2nd gen extra cabs where the rear doors open
Old 01-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #57
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Jerry I don't personally own any of your products but all I've ever heard and read are nothing but great things . But I guess no matter what people will always hate !
Old 01-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #58
Banned
Black Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Black Pipe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Humm over 500 sets sold with not a single return so I don't know what your talking about not fitting. My sliders fit just fine, damage from shipping has nothing to do with the sliders. And poor design? To each their own I guess.
/\/\/\ How does your foot taste?

Quote:
The kick out has been modified to clear DCSB rear door under a load so maybe you should know what your talking about before you type. And all bolt on sliders are strapped to a pallet shipping damages happen there is no way around it other then crating them and no one wants to pay for that.
So they have been "modified", how many others haven't fit right that have been "modified"? You sound like my son making up excuses for your wrongdoings. Why don't you just admit you screwed up a couple pair of sliders, everybody makes mistakes. You say over 500 without a return, and I stand by my other statement that based on this small sample population of those that were found with issues, there are probably several people who's sliders didn't fit right that were willing to accept a flaw and just deal with it, rather than be troubled with returning them.

I'd be more apt to buy a product if a vendor was willing to admit the initial product may not have been designed optimally or maybe the QA inspector had a few too many cold ones on the job and let some subpar ones pass on by, if you even have a QA program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Sucks for Brady, and you're not quite telling the truth here, are you? Let him give his own review since you have no personal experience with these. What he truly stated was he didn't mind how close it was because he COULD still open the door. So you should add on to what you wrote to state that the photo you posted had all the truck's weight on that part of the slider ("worst case scenario" he wrote). I did one of those "hey, look, my tire is on a rock, check that flex!" photos, and my whole truck torqued. Could barely open the doors, definitely couldn't close them, and that was the truck frame. I didn't go around claiming every Tacoma is a pos because of it, though. Just appears you're starting to chase BAMF and have a personal beef with him. Again, my own personal experience is top-notch with these sliders!
I told the truth as he posted it in his build, what more is there to tell? Just because he didn't mind not being able to open his door doesn't meaan others wouldn't as well. If I had bought a double cab, I'd prefer the use of all 4 of my doors

I think you failed to see that I have seen/helped install several sets of his sliders so I DO have personal experience with them, although they weren't my sliders.

If those sliders deflected that much with "all the weight" of the truck on them (which we all know isn't really all the weight in a static situation), imagine how much they would deflect with a dynamic load applied onto them.

And I'm sorry about your truck frame being bent or whatever you were getting at in that last part; I have not had that problem.

I am not chasing BAMF specifically, I posted my experience with their product. There are plenty of other brands I wouldn't buy as well (allpro, avid to name a few)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
This "spirited debate" brings up a good point about sliders that is worth noting for those that are looking at sliders. It doesn't matter the brand, if the slider you buy has a kickout, you MUST be very careful about the angle of the slider, and how tight to the body they are mounted. If you angle the sliders too steep or they are welded close to the body, even if the front doors open just fine, the back doors aren't going to have the same amount of clearance because of the kickout.

I've had to help a couple different people cut and reweld sliders because of that very issue.

Just to be clear, I'm not knocking any particular vendor or the design of sliders with kickouts. I actually think that kickouts are a great feature to keep the bed of the truck out of the rocks. It's just a feature that you have to work around when mounting them.

That being said, I don't have kickouts on my sliders. Much easier.
The weld on sliders make it easier to set it exactly where you want it which can help to avoid this issue for sure. When I did a set of weld ons for a buddy we held them up with jackstands and a string, set the angle and tacked them in while paying specific attention to the clearance between the pinch weld/doors. The kickout/up design is one that you have to be careful with. Not enough angle on the sliders and you don't gain optimal clearance and if the angle is too much you run into clearance issues. The kickout/no kickout debate is a whole nother bag of worms
Old 01-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #59
wrat is just really nicewrat is just really nicewrat is just really nicewrat is just really nice
wrat's Tacoma Gallery
I really don't want to jump on the bandwagon here or even say anything negative, but with the OP asking up our opinion, here's mine $0.02 again.

The only thing I ordered from BAMF was a BPV bracket. It came with the holes not properly cut so I had to redrill them myself. Now drilling through typical steel wouldn't have been too bad but redrilling out these holes to align them properly was torture on my bits. The metal must have been strengthened from heating or something. Anyhow, for such a simple piece of hardware it should have come with the holes drilled straight on. In BAMF's defense I never notified them of the issue since it was something that I could correct myself; hopefully mine was just a fluke.

As for Elite, the quality was superb. My rear bumper and sliders were perfect. The front bumper arrived incorrectly built. As soon as I told Tim of the issue he immediately shipped out the extra parts (light hoop and half guard) and he offered a discount since I would be having to pay to get it welded up. Really top notch customer service. The only other issue with Elite is the wait time. The current front bumper group buy still has people waiting for stuff they paid for 8+ months ago.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #60
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
Jerry I don't personally own any of your products but all I've ever heard and read are nothing but great things . But I guess no matter what people will always hate !
I'm pretty sure it's against the COC to say anything bad about BAMF or ICON on this site