Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rock slider soon. What are your recommendations?

View Poll Results: Which would you recommend?
All Pro 12 9.38%
BAMF 61 47.66%
cbi 7 5.47%
Elite 4 3.13%
Relentless Fab 6 4.69%
Other (PLEASE SPECIFY) 38 29.69%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2014, 06:07 PM   #1
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Rock slider soon. What are your recommendations?

So I am looking at getting my sliders. I want weld on only, and I want round tube (No square tubes for me) I would like some input from those who have bought from members on TW only. I plan to keep my purchase from members here. So tell me your opinions (good, bad, ugly) on your sliders. Who would you recommend buying them from?
Old 01-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
Keyboard commander
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've got my eye on these there not too flashy cheap and I've heard good things https://www.4xinnovations.com/mobile...ider_p_69.html
Old 01-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a 2nd gen but I'm rocking Brute Force. I like them and they've done really good. It's all up to you though, and what you like and how you are going to treat them Bama.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #5
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't done business with any of those vendors except CBI. so I can offer an opion on them. I have a front bumper and sliders from cbi. I highly recommend them great quality no bullshit. Plus you have the option to have them do something different with all the custom work they do. They don't miss little details and every product of theirs I have seen has been awesome.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:15 PM   #7
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
I love both sets of the 4xInnovations sliders I've had. They come as bolt on but it's just as easy to weld the plates to the frame. Also, even though I don't have his sliders, Nathan at CBI was awesome to work with when I bought my bumper! Would highly recommend him.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #8
00yotasr5 is on a distinguished road

Name: lee
00yotasr5's Tacoma Gallery
brute force ftw. lifted my whole truck on a hoist no problem what so ever. also kickout are standard on his sliders. the main frame is square tubing though.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #9
wrat is just really nicewrat is just really nicewrat is just really nicewrat is just really nice
wrat's Tacoma Gallery
I went with Elite only because I had already had bumpers ordered. I haven't beat on them yep but they look well made.

Word of advice: When you weld them on make sure you keep at least an inch between the sliders and the body. Mine got welded on up nearly right under the body. I know when I slam the sliders down on something that it will crush the body pinch weld that drops down.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #10
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
The BAMFs have withstood big hits during my wheeling trips.

My only issue I have with them was the poor QA/QC before they left Jerry's shop. He didn't do the welding himself, it was one of his hires.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:22 PM   #11
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
4xinnovations is by far your cheapest option. You named many good fab guys, but in the end with all of these it just comes down to design choice haha

Love my 4xinnovation sliders btw.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #12
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00yotasr5 View Post
brute force ftw. lifted my whole truck on a hoist no problem what so ever. also kickout are standard on his sliders. the main frame is square tubing though.

Yeah, I have had sliders on other trucks before, and with the fact that I use the CRAP out of them, square tubing is out. They can hang up in places round tubing does not. I do appreciate the response though.

Thanks for the input so far. As far as use, they WILL get some wear and abuse, so they will need to handle some bashing. While I don't drive crazy off-road, I do get some banging.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #13
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mine are all round tubing, I had the same thought process on the square tubing as you did. Many said it doesn't make enough of a difference, but I like the looks of round tubing better also.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #14
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Peace Officer currently, US Army "Retired" as well
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
I voted "Other" 4x Innovations FTW. Same strength, shape and available options as others......for half the cost. I have them....they are solid.
Grippy tape and they make great steps....
Old 01-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #15

One thing I will say when it comes between DOM and HREW.

I have HREW and it has not dented at all. But after seeing a couple people dent their sliders, it makes me wish I would have gotten DOM just for piece of mind.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:44 PM   #16
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Peace Officer currently, US Army "Retired" as well
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
One thing I will say when it comes between DOM and HREW.

I have HREW and it has not dented at all. But after seeing a couple people dent their sliders, it makes me wish I would have gotten DOM just for piece of mind.
x2....I gladly forked over the extra dough for the DOM...even though I don't off road all that often. I didn't ever want to have that "I shoulda got the other ones" moment....
Old 01-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #17
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
You will dent both of them ^. I have HREW and I have 6 or 7 big dents. since they are bolt on when I took them off to swap frames. One of them was bent so bad only two legs touched the ground lol. However the shop lift forced them back into place. From the top they look mint.

I have seen DOM sliders on a JK and they look worse than mine.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:32 PM   #18
Banned
Black Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Pipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Black Pipe's Tacoma Gallery
CBI or 4x FTMFW. Don't go with bamf unless you want a product that doesn't fit, is received damaged from shipping, and an overall poor design.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:39 PM   #19
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pipe View Post
CBI or 4x FTMFW. Don't go with bamf unless you want a product that doesn't fit, is received damaged from shipping, and an overall poor design.
Humm over 500 sets sold with not a single return so I don't know what your talking about not fitting. My sliders fit just fine, damage from shipping has nothing to do with the sliders. And poor design? To each their own I guess.