Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

3" suspension + 3" body lift?

Old 01-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #1
mkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Joe
mkatts's Tacoma Gallery
3" suspension + 3" body lift?

yea, yea I know this is like jumping rope on a razor blade here...
So please, for the 99% of you who don't like body lifts, I get it.

I on the other like them. I like seeing the frame. I like seeing the inner working. Much in the same vain as a "real" monster truck you can see the moving parts.
There is nothing you can say that I have not heard or ready before. So if you don't mind, can we please keep this on topic?

So, with that being said...

In my case, I have a 95 2.7L 5 speed, 4x4 reg cab. I want to replicate an '86 that I had when I was a kid. It had a 3" suspension and 3" BL and 33's on when I bought it.I won't get much if any chance to go off road with it. Will be 99.9% on the road. Basically going for "looks". It has 185000 miles on it. I only drive 7 miles to work so ride doesn't much matter. It's a truck not a caddy. I put 200K miles on that truck and never had an issue until I cracked the head while in the AF in TX. I just traded it off for a new car. I still regret that decision, but I needed wheels at the time!

If I go with a 3" suspension lift using blocks (rough country) and then a 3" body lift (haven't decided which yet). Are there any issues that would clash between the two lifts?
I know I will need to make a custom set of brake lines for the front and rear. Do they make parking brake cables with extra length?

What about the gear and diff shifter levers? Do the body lift kits have extensions for them?

I don't remember in reading about some body lifts that they noted there may be an issue when combined with a suspension lift.

If there is a post that answers this, please let me know. I searched on "body lift" on the whole forum and couldn't find any discussion on those details.
I just replaced 100% of the rear brake hardware including the parking brake cables so I am hoping there is enough slack in them to keep them in tact.

Again, I understand that many of you don't like body lifts. I do like them.Regardless of your opinion of them, I will be putting one on my truck because I like it.

Thank you for your time.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
For body lifts I wouldn't look anywhere but to Roger Brown at 4crawler.com. Best option for bodylifts out there for the Tacoma.

I don't forsee any issues with his BL kit that would interfere with any suspension setup.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
eaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud of

Army: SPC
Name: Cory
eaglesfn5402's Tacoma Gallery
Not in a 1st gen anymore but I just contacted Roger Brown on Friday about a 1" body lift for my 2013 and he responded on Saturday. Looks like the kits come with everything you need when ordering through him. 1" kit even came with a drop bracket for the radiator, affordable price at $130 shipped. With the 3" kit you just need more things like the steering column extension, shifter extension, brackets for the front and rear bumpers, and the drop radiator bracket again (you might need more I'm not sure. that's all that comes to mind at the moment though.)
Old 01-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #4
mkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shedmkatts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
mkatts's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys. I will go look him up.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #6
Air Force:
mkatts's Tacoma Gallery
thanks. ill keep it ij mind