1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

air bags and ride quality when empty?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Panahead, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Jan 24, 2014 at 2:54 AM
    Panahead

Panahead [OP] Member

Member:
    Big sur
    Vehicle:
    00 taco, v/6,TRD,stick bf goodrich allterrain
    hi,
    i have a 2000 taco 4whl drive v/6 with bilstein 5100 shocks and stock height... i live on a fairly rough dirt road and was wondering if i instal the airbags will my ride when the truck is empty change at all? does the ride stiffen a bit when empty? 90% of the time my truck doesn't carry much weight... but occasionally i load it with cord wood or other heavy items and would love to have the ability to raise the bed a bit...
    thanks for your help,
    josh

2. Jan 24, 2014 at 4:10 AM
    Turbogeno

Turbogeno Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Geno
    NY Adirondacks
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma V6 Access Cab 4WD AT
    · Aftermarket fog lights · TracRac G2 with extra tie down points · Bilstein 5100’s on the front at 1.75” · Scangauge · Rubber bed mat · Relentless tailgate reinforcement · Window rain deflectors · Back seat dog bench. I got tired of him drooling on the dash, nose printing on the windows and getting in the way of the side mirror. He farts a lot too but the bench won’t help with that. · 265/75-R16 Goodyear DuraTrac’s on Pro Comp 7089 wheels. A couple of the wheels took a lot of weights but they’re smooth all the way to >85 mph and then a little vibration starts. · I removed the back seat headrests. · I disconnected the key chime. · I added a wiper switch with the intermittent option. · A subtle Steal Your Face stencil · Removed badges
    On my 2013 AC with no lift and 10 lbs. in the bags there was little difference in the ride. It's nice being able to easily level the truck with a load on it. I then put Bilsteins on the front at 1.75" and have to put ~20 lbs. in the bags to level it. The ride is a bit harsh like that with nothing in the bed. I'm probably going to put 3 leaf, 1.5", progressive AAL's in back so I can let some air out of the bags. I also bought some Daystar air bag cradles so I don't stretch the bags.

Products Discussed in

To Top