1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need a fuel map for 03 supercharged taco

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by akbass907, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Jan 26, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    akbass907

akbass907 [OP] bass mechanic!

Member:
    First Name:
    tj
    chugiak alaska
    Vehicle:
    1996 4runner
    bilstine 5100 shocks in front, bilstine 5150s in rear, ome 3inch lift springs in rear, ome 2.5inch lift springs in front. 265/75/16 snow tires till my 285/75/16s get in. 2 ten inch custom subs in my custom box, ran by a hifonics 2400d amp. breather tubes to front and rear diff to keep from sucking in water. building a tube bumper with my brother right now to hold a warn vr8000 winch.
    my brother and i just installed a 7th injector mod on his 03 taco. its supercharged and the ecu that came with the 7th mod didnt have a proper fuel map, we are searching frantically for a fuel map and timing map for the ecu to get him back on the road, if anyone has pics or a link to a downloadable map that would be great. response needed ASAP! please help

2. Jan 26, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    2000GTacoma

2000GTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Snow Hill NC
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma Ext. 3.4L SR5
    Gadget at URD may be able to help you.

3. Jan 26, 2014 at 3:40 PM
    akbass907

Member:
    First Name:
    tj
    chugiak alaska
    Vehicle:
    1996 4runner
    bilstine 5100 shocks in front, bilstine 5150s in rear, ome 3inch lift springs in rear, ome 2.5inch lift springs in front. 265/75/16 snow tires till my 285/75/16s get in. 2 ten inch custom subs in my custom box, ran by a hifonics 2400d amp. breather tubes to front and rear diff to keep from sucking in water. building a tube bumper with my brother right now to hold a warn vr8000 winch.
    already checked his site and he dosent have anything to help, and already tried to call him multiple times yesterday and today and he wont pick up, even though he will pick up at 2am his time during the week

4. Jan 26, 2014 at 4:43 PM
    akbass907

Member:
    First Name:
    tj
    chugiak alaska
    Vehicle:
    1996 4runner
    after imputing a fuel map from a fellow tacoma world user i get an engine code. not sure what it is, cant drive the truck till we get proper map, any idea why this might be? even without a map the engine code never popped before, very confusing, anyone else have this problem?

5. Jan 26, 2014 at 6:15 PM
    akbass907

Member:
    First Name:
    tj
    chugiak alaska
    Vehicle:
    1996 4runner
    found out the problem, when wiring in the new pcu one of the plugs had two red wires with no way of identifying them from eachother and instead of wiring into the cam sensor we wired into the power wire on plug B. thanks for the help guys.

6. Jan 26, 2014 at 7:27 PM
    Norton

Norton Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access Cab 4x4 V6 6MT, TRD OR & Tow Packages
    Magnuson S/C w/12TRDTacoma's Qwikchange Hub & 2.5" RIP-Modded Pulley, Roostfactor's Pulley Wrap Mod; FPR Mod; JustDSM Tune via HPT MPVI2; mightytacoman Intercooler Tank; aFe POWER Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filter; OME Suspension Lift (885 Coils, Dakar Leafs, NitroCharger Sports); TRD Quickshifter w/TRD 6-Spd Knob; TRD Exhaust; NSB-AGM27F Battery w/HKB Adjustable Voltage Booster & Coupe's TRD Battery Hold Down; Goodridge SS Brake Lines; Trident904's MT ADM; BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2s on FJ SE Anthracite Rims; N-Fab 6-Step Nerf Bars; BPF TRD Skid, Tow Hook, & Cooling Panel; jsi's Locker Anytime, Up2NoGood's 2Lo Module; ramonortiz55's Always on Power Outlet Relay, ND4's Fog Light Anytime, & Crom's Speed Bleeder Mods; crashnburn80's Ultimate Headlight & Fog Light Upgrades; ThreatLevelMidnight's Wireless Charger; 4Runner 4X4 & FJ Fog Light Switches; redtaco2007-inspired LED License Plate Lights; AudioControl LC2i LOC, JL Audio XD200/2v2 Amp, Focal PS165V1 Spkrs, Sound Ordnance B-8PTD Sub, Hushmat & Noico Sound Insulation; loginfailed-inspired Speedhut Boost & AFR Gauges in a Lotek Pillar Pod; Ltd Auto-Dim/Compass/Temp/Backup Camera/Homelink mirror on ImMrYo's Mirror Lift Bracket; TacomaBeast Glove Box & Console Organizers; Husky Floor Liners; UltraGauge EM; mesojdm's Ultimate LED Dome & Map Lights & GASSHOLE; Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite; Mobtown Offroad Locking Bed Storage Doors; Toyota Bed Mat; Cali Raised Led Bed Stiffeners; Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock w/TacomaTruckParts Support Bracket; ARE Z-Series Cap, SolarGard Tint; BlendMounted & MirrorTapped Uniden R3; CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna; Amsoil Lubricants; Adam's Detailing Supplies
    I'm considering a URD 7th Injector setup, so I'd appreciate more details on this. I take it the fuel map picture is required to complete the install, but not provided with the kit or available from URD?

7. Jan 26, 2014 at 7:50 PM
    akbass907

Member:
    First Name:
    tj
    chugiak alaska
    Vehicle:
    1996 4runner
    the urd kit usualy comes with a map pre installed on the pcu, but occasionaly they send out a test model with the "troubleshoot" map installed, when this happens you have to get a true serial cable-usb to connect to youre computer. the kit comes with a CD that will run the pcu, but if you do have to do that hit me up i have a MAP already downloaded on my laptop and i can send it at any notice.
    but after careful comparison to my fathers super charged tacoma we found out that when wireing in the pcu we attatched one wire to the wrong red wire on the B plug that goes into the ECU. because of this the cam position sensor was revcieving a constant signal making it inable to retard the cams when giving it gas. that was the problem. and after fixing that mistake and buttoning everything back up it is running like a champ. any spacific questions you need just ask.

ps, a tip, before you start the 7th injector mod download and print the urd 7th injector mod instilation packet and study it. if you do that it will be alot easier.

pps, when they tell you to drop the tank and or tilt the bed to get to the fuel pump, we found it much easyer to just get a few people (2 in our case which is not enough unless you want to blow out youre ass ring) and just disconect the bed and lift it off. more room to work and less hazard for the bed to fall on you. just my 2cents.

again just ask if you have any specific questions.

8. Jan 26, 2014 at 10:27 PM
    Norton

Norton Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access Cab 4x4 V6 6MT, TRD OR & Tow Packages
    Magnuson S/C w/12TRDTacoma's Qwikchange Hub & 2.5" RIP-Modded Pulley, Roostfactor's Pulley Wrap Mod; FPR Mod; JustDSM Tune via HPT MPVI2; mightytacoman Intercooler Tank; aFe POWER Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filter; OME Suspension Lift (885 Coils, Dakar Leafs, NitroCharger Sports); TRD Quickshifter w/TRD 6-Spd Knob; TRD Exhaust; NSB-AGM27F Battery w/HKB Adjustable Voltage Booster & Coupe's TRD Battery Hold Down; Goodridge SS Brake Lines; Trident904's MT ADM; BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2s on FJ SE Anthracite Rims; N-Fab 6-Step Nerf Bars; BPF TRD Skid, Tow Hook, & Cooling Panel; jsi's Locker Anytime, Up2NoGood's 2Lo Module; ramonortiz55's Always on Power Outlet Relay, ND4's Fog Light Anytime, & Crom's Speed Bleeder Mods; crashnburn80's Ultimate Headlight & Fog Light Upgrades; ThreatLevelMidnight's Wireless Charger; 4Runner 4X4 & FJ Fog Light Switches; redtaco2007-inspired LED License Plate Lights; AudioControl LC2i LOC, JL Audio XD200/2v2 Amp, Focal PS165V1 Spkrs, Sound Ordnance B-8PTD Sub, Hushmat & Noico Sound Insulation; loginfailed-inspired Speedhut Boost & AFR Gauges in a Lotek Pillar Pod; Ltd Auto-Dim/Compass/Temp/Backup Camera/Homelink mirror on ImMrYo's Mirror Lift Bracket; TacomaBeast Glove Box & Console Organizers; Husky Floor Liners; UltraGauge EM; mesojdm's Ultimate LED Dome & Map Lights & GASSHOLE; Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite; Mobtown Offroad Locking Bed Storage Doors; Toyota Bed Mat; Cali Raised Led Bed Stiffeners; Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock w/TacomaTruckParts Support Bracket; ARE Z-Series Cap, SolarGard Tint; BlendMounted & MirrorTapped Uniden R3; CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna; Amsoil Lubricants; Adam's Detailing Supplies
    Great info! Thank you! I plan to install the 7th injector at my next major service - probably within the next year. I'm sure I'll be in touch for additional advice when the time comes...

9. Jan 26, 2014 at 11:07 PM
    akbass907

Member:
    First Name:
    tj
    chugiak alaska
    Vehicle:
    1996 4runner
    No problem, Just let me know.

Products Discussed in

To Top