Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

All pro Baja bumper

Old 01-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #1
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
All pro Baja bumper

So I got my all pro Baja bumper about a month ago I was impressed with the quality and everything is good except for one thing. Either I'm stupid and can't bolt this thing on Right but I've tried 10+ times and it comes out looking the same. It hangs down In the front and won't line up with my trucks body lines at all, here's my concern is the bumper warped? I just ordered the two skids to go with it and I'm worried they won't line up?? Anyone have this issue please chime in or any suggestions to help me fix it all pro wants nothing to do with the problem claiming it's the angle I'm taking the picture at, any help would be great! Thanks guys!!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
LOW.LIGHT.WIDE
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
mrbeggins's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I can tell something's definitely not right by the second picture. Has your truck ever been in a front end collision?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not that I know of, this it it stock the mounts all looked fine
Old 01-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
LOW.LIGHT.WIDE
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hmm...100% sure it's pushed all the way "back" on the mounting plates? I'll have to take a look at mine in the morning. I'm pretty sure the holes are elongated so that movement is available if need be.

I did however need to use a sledgehammer to get mine on. Not sure how snug your fit was?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #5
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Put a level on it. Is it level to the ground or slopping down?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #6

I hAd to bend those two mounts back? so it would go on idk man I've tinkered with it but every time I tighten it it just goes back exactly like that
Old 01-29-2014, 08:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Put a level on it. Is it level to the ground or slopping down?

I'll try this tomorrow
Old 01-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #8
Jesus thinks you suck too
Frkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
Frkypunk's Tacoma Gallery
I had similar issues with a plate bumper. Try loosening the back bolts, then take a floor jack with a 2x4 and jack up on the the bumper till its where you want it. Then crank down on the bolts you loosened. If that doesn't work you can always elongate your holes and do the same thing.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:42 PM   #9

Elongating actually isn't a bad idea, I didn't think of that! Thanks man I'll have to look into that tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #10
LOW.LIGHT.WIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohbsTaco View Post
I hAd to bend those two mounts back? so it would go on idk man I've tinkered with it but every time I tighten it it just goes back exactly like that
Can you take a picture if the 2 mounts for me tmw as well? I can't really picture which ones you bent?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:44 PM   #11

Ya I'll take the bumper off tomorrow And show u.. You didn't have to bend anything???
Old 01-29-2014, 08:48 PM   #12
LOW.LIGHT.WIDE

Nope. Nothing. I did cut to 2 tiny "hooks" that were inside the frame rails out. It's been so long since ice done it, it's hard to remember lol. Sorry.

But no...it just took a whole lot of persuading with the sledgy to go on. Mostly because the powdercoat thickness. It's over 1/16" thick, so a total of an 1/8" for both sides. Which is considerable considering these things are made in a jig and "shouldn't" move. The bumpers do have a fair amount of flex to them though.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:48 PM   #13

Hold on I found a pic
Old 01-29-2014, 08:52 PM   #14
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Has the truck ever been in an accident?
I can tell that the bumper to truck fitment is off. The tubes are supposed to be parallel with the body lines.
It would definitely help if you could post some pictures of the rear mounts of the bumper (the 2 on the side that extend from the body mount).
Old 01-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #15

I had to bend that triangle shaped mount
Old 01-29-2014, 08:54 PM   #16
LOW.LIGHT.WIDE

And your right, with it sagging that much the skid plates won't line up worth a rats ass. Especially the 2 individual ones on either side right behind the LCA. I actually have a aluminum spacer in mine because it doesn't line up anymore all that well from being bent.

I think once you figure out what the sagging problem is, everything will fit together perfectly. And I have a pretty good idea of what it is, I just need to see a picture of your frame rails and the mounting plates on your bumper. I have a funny feeling they aren't quiet the same as mine. And also the 2 holes on either side of the frame rail on the front. Correct me if I'm wrong but there are 2 on the side. And 2 on the bottom?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:55 PM   #17

2 side 2 bottom one in the front
Old 01-29-2014, 08:55 PM   #18
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
i Have your same style bumper an mine has the slope as well, not only that but when i installed the bumper the holes didn't match with the frame
Old 01-29-2014, 08:56 PM   #19
LOW.LIGHT.WIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohbsTaco View Post
I had to bend that triangle shaped mount
Ok. So did I. So were on the same page...that's good. When you bent those tabs, how did the holes line up on the bottom?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:57 PM   #20

Everyone of the holes lined up great I have movement to tilt it up when I loosen them aswell but when I tighten it it just sucks it back down idk it's like the bumper is tweaked