Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lets see the Most Expensive 1st Gens 4 Sale

Old 05-21-2014, 10:58 PM   #121
Hawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant futureHawaiian05 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Hawaiian05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
How do you know it has a crappy lift? The price is way to high but its on of the cleanest '96s ive ever seen.
No offense, but I don't consider a drop bracket lift a real lift- I consider them crap. As far as clean, ya it's clean, but definitely not $14k clean.. But if you're interested it's still for sale.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:49 AM   #122
Ryantacoma is on a distinguished road

Ryantacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't want to buy a new tacoma back in '02, as I believe that buying a new car is kind of a waste of money, but I could not find a decent used one that wasn't being sold for a reasonable price. So I bit the bullet and bought a new one, best decision ever!
Old 05-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #123
dennisc is on a distinguished road
Navy: AIRCREW
dennisc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian05 View Post
No offense, but I don't consider a drop bracket lift a real lift- I consider them crap. As far as clean, ya it's clean, but definitely not $14k clean.. But if you're interested it's still for sale.
Oh I didn't see it was a drop bracket lift, I agree in that case.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:55 PM   #124
Taco truck is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
Taco truck's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up my 01 4 dr limited with diff lock, matching camper shell and 1 owner. 58k miles for under $15k.. I'm starting to think I got a great deal looking at all these crazy prices. lol
Old 05-30-2014, 08:02 AM   #125
frizzman is on a distinguished road

frizzman's Tacoma Gallery
http://asheville.craigslist.org/wan/4479678405.html

umm, no. nice wheels (wish I had them) but even a 96 isn't worth that
Old 05-30-2014, 08:23 AM   #126
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
starting to think I sold mine way to cheap even with all the issues.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:30 AM   #127
upside down in a Taco at 55mph
greengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreengen1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
greengen1's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine 10yrs. ago with 62k miles on it .01double cab paid 16grand now has 244k miles
Old 05-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #128
PRBond is on a distinguished road

Navy: USNR - Honorably Discharged in Oct. '94
Name: Patrick
PRBond's Tacoma Gallery
That Miramar Motorsport place pulls a lot of bait and switch crap. Before I bought my '99 4Runner just over a year ago they had a '00 SR5 4Runner on the lot that they wanted 10k for and said it only had 108,000 miles. The pics looked like the cleanest 4Runner I'd ever seen so my wife and I stopped by there on our way home from work. Turns out they didn't have a single 4Runner on the lot and the sales guy tried telling me it had just sold earlier in the day and to check back... Come to find out that same add sat on Autotrader.com for at least another week that I knew of...

As for the rising prices on the 1st gen Tacomas, when you consider how much Toyota wants to buy a new Tacoma; paying $10-15k for one in awesome shape isn't that strange. I think I paid $21,500 in December of '03 when I bought my '04 Taco brand new and drove it off the lot. If I go to the Toyota web page and build out roughly the same package on a new one, it would cost about $33k before taxes and bs. For that price I'll keep my '04 and drive it for another 10 years.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #129
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
The problem I see is that a 1st gen and 2nd gen are different trucks. If I bought another truck i would want a 1st because I would want a "little" truck. I would pay more for a 1st gen 4cyl extra cab 5lug for a mpg truck than I would a 4cyl 5lug 2nd gen in the same condition.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:34 PM   #130

http://www.lakenormanmotors.com/2003...-28037/5092261

all I gotta say is:

HAHAHAHA, no seriously? HAHAHA

*cramped from laughing*

when will people learn already
Old 06-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #131
JBIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedJBIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedJBIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedJBIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedJBIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedJBIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedJBIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedJBIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedJBIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedJBIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedJBIX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JBIX's Tacoma Gallery
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/4479830821.html
Old 06-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIX View Post
wow, way to ruin a good truck
Old 07-04-2014, 01:55 AM   #133
xcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxcmtb83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
xcmtb83's Tacoma Gallery
Incredibly low miles and a V6 regular cab to boot.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...iedOnly=false&
Old 07-04-2014, 02:04 AM   #134
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcmtb83 View Post
Incredibly low miles and a V6 regular cab to boot.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...iedOnly=false&
That's pretty cool actually.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:20 AM   #135
gman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gman2530's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco truck View Post
Picked up my 01 4 dr limited with diff lock, matching camper shell and 1 owner. 58k miles for under $15k.. I'm starting to think I got a great deal looking at all these crazy prices. lol
Oh, You Got a GREAT Deal!
That is LOWWWWWWWW Miles.....
Great find!
Old 07-10-2014, 02:55 PM   #136
vtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to all

Name: Jarrod
vtrguy's Tacoma Gallery
ROFL.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/4556040092.html

I think ^ belongs in the WTF. $2200 for scrap metal?
Old 07-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #137
It's a surf spot not a house
LogCabins is on a distinguished road

Army: AGR Hawaii Army National Guard
LogCabins's Tacoma Gallery
WTF WHY-OH-WHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzman View Post
http://www.lakenormanmotors.com/2003...-28037/5092261

all I gotta say is:

HAHAHAHA, no seriously? HAHAHA

*cramped from laughing*

when will people learn already
Old 08-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #138
JasonLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasonLee's Tacoma Gallery
2004 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB - $21995 (Sacramento)

Quote:
One of a kind, amazing looking and functioning truck. 2004 Toyota Tacoma 3.4L V6 Double cab (4 Door) Lifted aprox about 6 inches, with a professional expensive front suspension, with a very nice decorative Air intake piece on the side, Bush guard, front winch, Tool box in the trunk, bed-liner, and much more. You have to see this vehicle in person, or else you will be missing out on what it has. Very clean inside and out. Runs great, strong, and smooth. Clean title and Carfax. No accidents, California vehicle, and original miles!! Black with nice wheels and tires. Call us for more info or stop by and take a look anytime. PASSED smog test and our SAFETY inspection.
Translated:
Quote:
One of a kind, amazing looking and functioning truck. 2004 Toyota Tacoma 3.4L V6 Double cab (4 Door) Lifted aprox about 6 inches, with unknown lift parts, with a very nice decorative Air intake piece on the side (we have no idea what we are talking about), Bush guard, front winch, Tool box in the trunk, bed-liner, and much more (seriously, we have no idea what is on this truck). You have to see this vehicle in person, or else you will be missing out on what it has (because we have no idea). We detailed it to get the mud off. Runs great, strong, and smooth just like every other Toyota in good condition. Clean title and Carfax. No accidents, California vehicle, and original miles!! Black with nice wheels and tires (you should pay us more because it has aftermarket tires and rims that we have no idea what they are worth).PASSED smog test and our SAFETY inspection (we drove it around the block and it didn't fall apart).
Old 08-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #139
tomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomwil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonLee View Post
One of a kind, amazing looking and functioning truck. 2004 Toyota Tacoma 3.4L V6 Double cab (4 Door) Lifted aprox about 6 inches, with unknown lift parts, with a very nice decorative Air intake piece on the side (we have no idea what we are talking about), Bush guard, front winch, Tool box in the trunk, bed-liner, and much more (seriously, we have no idea what is on this truck). You have to see this vehicle in person, or else you will be missing out on what it has (because we have no idea). We detailed it to get the mud off. Runs great, strong, and smooth just like every other Toyota in good condition. Clean title and Carfax. No accidents, California vehicle, and original miles!! Black with nice wheels and tires (you should pay us more because it has aftermarket tires and rims that we have no idea what they are worth).PASSED smog test and our SAFETY inspection (we drove it around the block and it didn't fall apart).
hahaha!
Old 08-16-2014, 08:14 AM   #140
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Not my cup of tea but if you in the market and wanted a Truck it seems to have a lot of equipment ( turn key ) that front end looks scary to me.