Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pics of my "new" 1st Gen

Old 03-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #21
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Gotta love the 1st gens! I like the MTRs on the stock wheels.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #22
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly5465 View Post
Thanks TRD4x4858 & tacomaman06.

Hey another maybe dumb question (or 2?)

If I do a spacer lift or top plate spacer, do I have to re-align the front end?

how about..

If I do the bilstien shock and set to 1.75" higher, do I have to re-align the front end?

Thanks again,
FLY5465
either way.........after any type of lift...good idea for an alignment. cause, even if its a little off.....it will make the tires wear bad.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #23
Evans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ty
Evans381's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
either way.........after any type of lift...good idea for an alignment. cause, even if its a little off.....it will make the tires wear bad.

x2
Old 03-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #24
SRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of light

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks TRD4x4858 & tacomaman06. Hey another maybe dumb question (or 2?) If I do a spacer lift or top plate spacer, do I have to re-align the front end? how about.. If I do the bilstien shock and set to 1.75" higher, do I have to re-align the front end? Thanks again, FLY5465
Nice looking truck, Arizona is one of the best States to find one. Yes, re-align the front end.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #26
ArkTacomaFan is on a distinguished road

ArkTacomaFan's Tacoma Gallery
Love the new ride man!
Old 03-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #27
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey all,

I'm fairly new here and recently bought a 2002 Tacoma 4x4. I like the truck, even though I haven't driven it much yet, its a 4th vehicle, and sits in the garage waiting to be driven.

Well, you knew I was gonna like this one!

This is my 2002, just turned 33,000 miles on a trip to Phoenix for some spring training baseball and meet my daughter:

It's pretty much the exact same truck, except mine is an auto. If I'm seeing right, that looks like a spray on bedliner, also...I'd say the southwest preserves these Tacomas pretty well, wouldn't you? Welcome, I know you're going to enjoy that truck! These photos were before I did the Bilstein 5100s all the way around, but would definitely recommend them for the front. I lifted my front some, but not completely level. I like it that way...
Old 03-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #28
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
I love the OME Shocks and Springs over the Bilstines just because there a Nitro Dual Tube Shock compared to the Bilstiens which are Mono tubes High Pressor Nitro!
Old 03-29-2009, 05:36 AM   #29
Ry1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Machinery Technician
Ry1984's Tacoma Gallery
awesome looking truck!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #30
Fly5465 is on a distinguished road
Fly5465's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwood6 View Post
Well, you knew I was gonna like this one!

This is my 2002, just turned 33,000 miles on a trip to Phoenix for some spring training baseball and meet my daughter:

It's pretty much the exact same truck, except mine is an auto. If I'm seeing right, that looks like a spray on bedliner, also...I'd say the southwest preserves these Tacomas pretty well, wouldn't you? Welcome, I know you're going to enjoy that truck! These photos were before I did the Bilstein 5100s all the way around, but would definitely recommend them for the front. I lifted my front some, but not completely level. I like it that way...
Hey glwood6,
Wow, that does look exactly like mine, I like it!! Yours is exactly what I was looking for, a nice TRD with low miles and an automatic. But they are hard to find and all these trucks are expensive! Anyway, I did find mine, a 5 spd and decent miles, but not as low as yours! (I have 68,000). I couldn't pass it up as I had been looking for almost 6 months. Mine does have a spray in bed liner (Linex).

I would be interested in seeing a picture of yours from the side after the Bilsteins. I guess the bilsteins have 3 height setting for the front.... stock, 1.75" & 2.5"? Which setting did you use? Also, did you notice much difference in the ride? I'm leaning toward getting the Bilsteins, but my truck has almost new Rancho RS9000XL's, and they have adjustable valve settings. I have to say I like the ride of with these Rancho's, but I want to level the front and I'm not sure if I want to use the spacers.

Thanks for the post,
Next time your in the Phx area drop me an email.
Dale
Old 03-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #31
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
clean truck man! and i would with spacers in the front if you dont plan on taking it off pavement much.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:13 PM   #32
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey glwood6,
Wow, that does look exactly like mine, I like it!! Yours is exactly what I was looking for, a nice TRD with low miles and an automatic. But they are hard to find and all these trucks are expensive! Anyway, I did find mine, a 5 spd and decent miles, but not as low as yours! (I have 68,000). I couldn't pass it up as I had been looking for almost 6 months. Mine does have a spray in bed liner (Linex).

I would be interested in seeing a picture of yours from the side after the Bilsteins. I guess the bilsteins have 3 height setting for the front.... stock, 1.75" & 2.5"? Which setting did you use? Also, did you notice much difference in the ride? I'm leaning toward getting the Bilsteins, but my truck has almost new Rancho RS9000XL's, and they have adjustable valve settings. I have to say I like the ride of with these Rancho's, but I want to level the front and I'm not sure if I want to use the spacers.

Thanks for the post,
Next time your in the Phx area drop me an email.
Dale
Mine has the Line-X liner, also. Has held up well for the last 4 years I've had it. I used the middle setting on the 5100 front shocks, here's what it looked like after:

There's not a huge difference looks-wise, I could just tell that there is more room in the front wheel well on top...forgot to take any measurements, though. I would say the ride is slightly better than stock. I needed new shocks all the way around, so the 5100s seemed the way to go to pick up the front some. I have to say on the rear, they are working well, also. I had a load of 600 lbs of stone in there yesterday, and nowhere near bottoming out. I also have Alcan replacement rear springs (stock height)