1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rancho rs5000

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Spicoli85, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Feb 15, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    Spicoli85

Spicoli85 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma SR5
    i recently replaced my stock suspension with rancho 5000 all around, using the stock coils for the struts in the front. install took forever as i was learning the whole time. got it all installed torqued and cotter keyed. the next day i got an alignment done and had the shop look over my work, they said it all looked good. for the most part i am satisfied. the only thing is when i hit a pot hole or yank the wheel hard left or right i get this loose jarring sound. i have read about it on other truck forums but i see nothing about it on here. i realize now rancho is a not the best choice. does anyone have some guidance for me???:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused:

2. Feb 15, 2014 at 12:19 PM
    604YOTA

604YOTA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Disco Stu
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD SR5
    Grey wire mod, eibach, 5100's & 5125's, ome Dakar leafs, 1.25 rear shackle, Gibson exhaust, ram air intake, throttle body spacer, boot slide mod, poly bushing kit, extended brake lines.
    Check your lower ball joints and tie rods also check your swaybar end links arnt loose.

To check: lower ball joints lift truck with jack get a pry bar and stick it between the ball joint and Lca wiggle if there is movement they are toast.

To check: upper ball joints grab wheel at 12 and 6 shake if there is movement theyvare toast

To check: tierods grab wheel at 9 and 3 if movement they are toast and replace.

That should helpbnarrow a few things down.

3. Feb 15, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    Spicoli85

Spicoli85 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma SR5
    thanks alot i will try this as soon as i get home

4. Feb 18, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    Ardo K

Ardo K Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ardo
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    TRD Cold Air Intake
    If you can call Rancho ask for the 90 day safe and sound policy, you might want to look into the Rancho 7000 series, Those are equivalent to the Bilstein 5100's.

Products Discussed in

To Top