1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Failed Frame Inspection

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by E-squared, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Mar 26, 2009 at 3:26 PM
    E-squared

E-squared [OP] Member

Member:
    Midd, VT
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    K+N CAI, Magnaflow CAT's and Muffler, OBX Headers, Bilstein 5100's (set @ 2.5"), Complete Energy Suspension- Hyper Flex Bushings, Toytech AAL, A.R.E. MX Cap, Thule Rack, Sunroof, PIAA 540 x-white lamps behind Grillcraft MX Grille, PIAA 540 -Plasma Ion lamps on Westin safari bar, debadged, and a PIAA x-white dome light - Whoo-hoo!
    Kind of bitter sweet. But after looking at a couple Tacomas being rebuilt, I'm excited to have the opportunity to make some modifications. First, I'm considering new poly body mounts due to the simple fact that I'll probably never have the chance to switch them out again and the ones I have now are likely rotten. Second, I'm considering the installation of headers, which makes me nervous due to the various responses to the different brands. I've always stuck to the saying, "you get what you pay for." Therfore, I think I'll stick with TRD headers. Lastly, I'd like to finsh off my exhaust with Magnaflow high flow cats (both front and back). Before I jump off the deep end and commit to this rather large purchase, I thought I'd present my situation to the "Taco Pros" for a their valued response. Am I on the right track or should I reconsider one or the other? Overall however, I'm excided and I'm glad to own a Toyota! Thanks in advance for your advice! Time to Roll - EE

2. Mar 26, 2009 at 3:44 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    if toyota is doing the frame swap, see if they will do the bushings for ya.

You live in vermont..remember road salt.. If you do headers remember that everything is probably rusted and siezed...make sure you have enough time to get into it if stuff starts breaking.

Mangaflow cats are pretty good from what Ive heard. Sounds like it will be a kickass truck when your done. All you need is the trd supercharger and you will be set

3. Mar 26, 2009 at 5:43 PM
    E-squared

E-squared [OP] Member

Member:
    Midd, VT
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    K+N CAI, Magnaflow CAT's and Muffler, OBX Headers, Bilstein 5100's (set @ 2.5"), Complete Energy Suspension- Hyper Flex Bushings, Toytech AAL, A.R.E. MX Cap, Thule Rack, Sunroof, PIAA 540 x-white lamps behind Grillcraft MX Grille, PIAA 540 -Plasma Ion lamps on Westin safari bar, debadged, and a PIAA x-white dome light - Whoo-hoo!
    Thanks for the advice WJF, I'll look into the bushings. After looking at the funds, I've decided to take this opportunity to install the headers only, considering the cats are easily accessible for future install. I still plan on having the urethane (oops... not poly) mounts installed. It's easy to get carried away! The typical eyes are bigger than the stomach syndrom. Again, thanks for the reply.

4. Mar 26, 2009 at 6:08 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    ya no toyotas doing a buy back on them if your rusted.i no 2 people that got new ones because of this.give ya a hellava good deal on a new one.

Products Discussed in

To Top