Notices

I want my tires to stick out!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #1
Matthew is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Matthew's Tacoma Gallery
I want my tires to stick out!

I have a Tacoma double cab 2003 pre runner SR5 with a 3" lift. I had 16" Pro Comp rims with 285/75/16 Mickey Thompson Baha MTZ and they shook the hell out of my truck. The tires are at their end and its time to really get what I'm looking for. I liked the size of the tire, but what I really want is for them to sick way out. My plea for help is...... what is the best option for over all basic black rims (absolutely nothing fancy) with some decent size tires like the 285' but I want them to have a wide stance with serious backspacing and ride as sooth as possible. The Thompsons where too much and I really don't to off road very much. And of course the most inexpensive route as possible would be the best option. Don't care what brand of rim or tire, basic, black and all business. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer, leave in july (currently highschool senior)
Card1's Tacoma Gallery
craislist.org lol
Old 02-23-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
Mxer256 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I have a Tacoma double cab 2003 pre runner SR5 with a 3" lift. I had 16" Pro Comp rims with 285/75/16 Mickey Thompson Baha MTZ and they shook the hell out of my truck. The tires are at their end and its time to really get what I'm looking for. I liked the size of the tire, but what I really want is for them to sick way out. My plea for help is...... what is the best option for over all basic black rims (absolutely nothing fancy) with some decent size tires like the 285' but I want them to have a wide stance with serious backspacing and ride as sooth as possible. The Thompsons where too much and I really don't to off road very much. And of course the most inexpensive route as possible would be the best option. Don't care what brand of rim or tire, basic, black and all business. Thanks.
Lol probably shook from unbalanced tires. And tires sticking way out to look cool? Have fun killing tie rods and weari your wheel bearings out
Old 02-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #4
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
So you like the skateboard look?
Old 02-23-2014, 04:39 PM   #5
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
First off, welcome to TW.

There are a couple of ways to attain the look you are referring to. Wheel spacers is one and rims with a lot a backspacing is another. You did not specify how much backspacing your Procomp rims have but the simplest way is to use them with a wheel spacer.

Allpro and spidertrax are a couple of popular brands.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Wh...FQVafgod1k4ACQ
Old 02-24-2014, 07:34 AM   #6
Holy schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wyatt
Holy schmidt's Tacoma Gallery
I have mickey Thompson classic II they stick my tires out ~2inches (my tires are 30x9.50) they have 3-5/7 in backspacing
Old 02-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #7
Matthew's Tacoma Gallery
This is what I would like

How do I find out what the rims BS is?
Attached Thumbnails
I want my tires to stick out!-image.jpg  
Old 02-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #8
Holy schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoly schmidt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wyatt
Holy schmidt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How do I find out what the rims BS is?
Look online at the specs. however much smaller they are from 4-1/2 is how much they should stick them out.

And do you care if they are steel or aluminum? Mine are aluminum for daily use aluminum ones are just lighter
Old 02-24-2014, 09:23 AM   #9
Taco Todd is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
Taco Todd's Tacoma Gallery
Go on summit racing and you can find a set of black rims for 55 dollars each. I just Bought them. 16x8 and 4" of backspacing. They stick out just enough and with a little wider tire they will l
Old 02-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #10
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

should post this in the Hawaii section - they are pros at this
Old 02-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #11
Taco Todd is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
Taco Todd's Tacoma Gallery
Look good. Just remember to get lug nuts. And the ones I got look like the cragar soft 8rims. They are steel also. I like em
Old 02-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #12
LSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLSC15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Logan
LSC15's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yea son

Old 02-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #13
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

get a wider tire like a 305/70r16.

then pick a rim and add wheel spacers.

i have 2.25'' BS at the moment.

had 2.5'' before that

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post4411283

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post4878252

Word to the wise..the further you stick the tire out the more you will have to cut from the lower fender area to stop rubbing. Be prepared for that.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #15
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
Around here,,the mudflap police would be on you like flies to shit,,if your tread face was not completely covered by a flap. Was up north in the Olympic forest and had Barnie Fife pull me over for having about 1/2"- of tread sticking out past the flaps and fenders. "What's it going to take for you to fix this problem if I don't burn you for it right now" << his words. Talked my way out of it luckily.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #16
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery

3.75" BS wheels + 1.25" Wheel Spacers = 2.5" BS
Old 02-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #17
Mikes Toy Yota is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
Name: Mike
Mikes Toy Yota's Tacoma Gallery
I got 4.5 Backpacking with 1.5 spidertrax wheel spacers so I'm at 3.0 backpacking. I've got 265's on but, when I switch to 285 they will stick out further. Here's the pic's. By the way guys our Tacoma's look nice with some tire sticking out of the fenders .
Attached Thumbnails
I want my tires to stick out!-wp_20140211_18_17_54_pro.jpg   I want my tires to stick out!-wp_20140212_17_49_42_pro.jpg   I want my tires to stick out!-wp_20140212_17_50_06_pro.jpg  
Old 02-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #18
Matthew's Tacoma Gallery
So the more backspacing the less the tires stick out? My pro comps have 4.5 backspacing. I plan on 285/75r/ 16.... What spacers will I need to get a good look like the silver tacoma above?
Old 02-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #20
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So the more backspacing the less the tires stick out? My pro comps have 4.5 backspacing. I plan on 285/75r/ 16.... What spacers will I need to get a good look like the silver tacoma above?
For backspacing the lower the number the more the tires will stick out. For example, a wheel with 2" BS will stick out more than a wheel with 4.5" BS.

Products Discussed in this Thread