Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Idle problem

Old 10-01-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
Weasel is on a distinguished road
Weasel's Tacoma Gallery
Idle problem

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. The idle on my truck is really low after it warms up. It is now idleing around 500 rpm's. It drives normally, nothing else is wrong that I have noticed. No check engine light or anything. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Might want to check the idle air control valve. On the 3.4L V6, it's right under the throttle body. Most likely it'll need to be cleaned out. Just grab a can of Gumout or something similar and use that on the IAC valve. Which reminds me that I need to do mine!
Old 10-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #3
Weasel is on a distinguished road
Weasel's Tacoma Gallery
It's 2.7L, is it still in the same location? Also my battery crapped out on me, and when the new one was put in was when this started.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
sslongmuir is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Civil Enginering
sslongmuir's Tacoma Gallery
my 2.7 idles low but when i throw a scan tool on it it has nothing to do with it. i would kinda like to know too. its fine sometimes but mostly rough.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:08 PM   #5
solo0033 is on a distinguished road
solo0033's Tacoma Gallery
?

when cleaning the throttle body...can i open and close the little plate in there and spray the cleaner behind the plate? thanks
Old 12-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes, you can open up the valve and spray cleaner in there. You should also grab a used toothbrush to get to the little spaces in there to get it clean.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:21 PM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Yes, you can open up the valve and spray cleaner in there. You should also grab a used toothbrush to get to the little spaces in there to get it clean.
I can say nothing more than humanoid, listen to his wisdom and experience.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
how much lower does it idle than mine
Old 12-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #9
solo0033 is on a distinguished road
solo0033's Tacoma Gallery
cool thanks....one other question im looking at this pic (above) of #8 (permalink) vbrep_register("40554")
12-09-2007, 04:25 PM
2003greenbean

and his engine temp. is the same as mine ..that looks a lil hi as it is above half...i come from driving hondas where it is alot lower (below) = temp. gauge needle ...please advise. thanks
Old 12-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #10
bite me

That engine temp is normal.