1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do I get rid of stains on the dash ?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Zer0, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Mar 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
    Zer0

Zer0 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SGV, California
    Vehicle:
    99 PreRunner
    Hello all. How Do I get rid of stains on a dash. I have a few stains. A few stains are from sticking a piece of Velcro and the other stains are from glue. Anyone have an idea or trick I can use to get rid of these stains without damaging or discoloring the dash? Thanks.

IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG950652.jpg
    IMG950654.jpg
    IMG950656.jpg
    IMG950658.jpg

2. Mar 3, 2014 at 6:17 AM
    offrdmania

offrdmania Taco Wagon

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Templeton, Ca
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma LX 4 banger
    The black stains I would start with some electrical or throttle body cleaner. It is an alcohol base but it evaporates quickly but doesnt leave a residue like brake cleaner. Be real careful though because you can do more harm to the finish than good. Spray it on to the rag instead of directly onto the dash. If you are uncomfortable using this stuff then I would suggest orange oil adhesive remover. Much more safe on finishes. The other stain your need to get a piece of wood and chip off the hard stuff first, then follow the instructions above. After using the alcohol, be sure to wash down the area with soap and water when done. Once all of the stains are gone you will need to wipe on a conditioner. I like to use leather conditioner because it protects but doesnt have a crazy shine

3. Mar 3, 2014 at 6:31 AM
    Agent Smith

Agent Smith Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Offroad Ivan Stewart Edition
    Toytec lift,FJ Anthracite wheels wrapped in BFG A/T 265/75/16's,WAAG Brush Guard, IPF 868's,sleeved fog lights
    Some of those pics look like the tan color has actually been removed down to the base plastic (black). I do notice the adhesive residue, but the black is what I really noticed.

Whatever you end up using, test it first in a spot no one will see before you go all in on the rest of the dash. I would suggest Goo-Gone, but not sure if that will make your situation worse or not.

Products Discussed in

To Top