Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How do I get rid of stains on the dash ?

Old 03-02-2014, 08:57 PM   #1
Zer0 is on a distinguished road
Zer0's Tacoma Gallery
How do I get rid of stains on the dash ?

Hello all. How Do I get rid of stains on a dash. I have a few stains. A few stains are from sticking a piece of Velcro and the other stains are from glue. Anyone have an idea or trick I can use to get rid of these stains without damaging or discoloring the dash? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
How do I get rid of stains on the dash ?-img_0648.jpg   How do I get rid of stains on the dash ?-img_0649.jpg   How do I get rid of stains on the dash ?-img_0650.jpg   How do I get rid of stains on the dash ?-img950652.jpg   How do I get rid of stains on the dash ?-img950654.jpg  

How do I get rid of stains on the dash ?-img950656.jpg   How do I get rid of stains on the dash ?-img950658.jpg  
Old 03-03-2014, 06:17 AM   #2
Taco Wagon
offrdmania has a spectacular aura aboutoffrdmania has a spectacular aura about

Name: Matt
offrdmania's Tacoma Gallery
The black stains I would start with some electrical or throttle body cleaner. It is an alcohol base but it evaporates quickly but doesnt leave a residue like brake cleaner. Be real careful though because you can do more harm to the finish than good. Spray it on to the rag instead of directly onto the dash. If you are uncomfortable using this stuff then I would suggest orange oil adhesive remover. Much more safe on finishes. The other stain your need to get a piece of wood and chip off the hard stuff first, then follow the instructions above. After using the alcohol, be sure to wash down the area with soap and water when done. Once all of the stains are gone you will need to wipe on a conditioner. I like to use leather conditioner because it protects but doesnt have a crazy shine
Old 03-03-2014, 06:31 AM   #3
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Some of those pics look like the tan color has actually been removed down to the base plastic (black). I do notice the adhesive residue, but the black is what I really noticed.

Whatever you end up using, test it first in a spot no one will see before you go all in on the rest of the dash. I would suggest Goo-Gone, but not sure if that will make your situation worse or not.