Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Another Prerunner to 4wd conversion complete!

Old 03-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #21
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribull View Post
That is awesome!! And in a day!

Chad makes some awesome products, too. Are you going to get some of his sliders? I may see if he'll do a bumper for me.

I get the impression Chad is a good dude!

He builds quality stuff
He wheels hard (using his built stuff)
He installs 4wd onto a prerunner in a day!

Old 03-16-2014, 04:37 PM   #22
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the dark side
Old 04-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #23
smmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
smmarine's Tacoma Gallery
Im seriously considering this if its only around $1300 before you sold the old stuff. I cant believe you got everything for so cheap, the junkyards here are expensive. You didnt have to get a new 4x4 computer?
Old 04-20-2014, 09:56 PM   #24
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by smmarine View Post
Im seriously considering this if its only around $1300 before you sold the old stuff. I cant believe you got everything for so cheap, the junkyards here are expensive. You didnt have to get a new 4x4 computer?
Craigslist and other forums and just search and search! It took me 3 plus years to find all the parts.

The computer doesnt matter, its the same! I just dont have lights on the dash to tell me I am in 4wd, but I know when I am in. And you can wire up so the lights work, im just bad with wiring so Im not doing it!
Old 04-20-2014, 10:39 PM   #25
smmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That's cool. I'm gonna try to find everything I need
Old 04-20-2014, 10:54 PM   #26
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
What was the trans and x case? The same one I sold burry. "A90f/aisin 30-40le?
Old 04-20-2014, 10:59 PM   #27
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
What was the trans and x case? The same one I sold burry. "A90f/aisin 30-40le?
I believe so, it was from a 99 4 cyl 4wd truck.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:16 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
I believe so, it was from a 99 4 cyl 4wd truck.
I thought the 4wd trans was a a340f. Maybe that's for the v6? Also, what did you do for your car insurance? Cause I was reading on google that even if your 4wd doesn't work, if your VIN says 4wd that's what your insurance company goes by. So how does that work when your VIN still says 2wd? If you don't mind me asking
Old 06-12-2014, 12:18 AM   #29
Robby655 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Air traffic controller
Name: Rob
Robby655's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
It is really not all that hard to do. I have a bunch of links I will put at the end of this email so that you can do some reading. But basically a list of things you need are:

1. 4wd transmission and transfer case, along with transfer case shifter. For the 03 and 04 Tacomas, you have to have a transmission from an 03 or 04, because they changed to a drive by wire system those 2 years.
so with my 2002 i can have any 1995-2002 trans? as long as it was from a 4x4 truck?
Old 06-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby655 View Post
so with my 2002 i can have any 1995-2002 trans? as long as it was from a 4x4 truck?
Yes. Also if you get hubs from 01-04, you'll have to wire up the ADD. Grab some manual locking hubs and it's easier and you'll have a little better mpg and less wear on parts. I also want to do this haha
Old 06-16-2014, 12:37 PM   #32

Some are different for the ADD(01-04). It'll have a push button on the side if the j-shifter, I know that. I want one of the normal manual ones haha
Old 06-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #33

I really wish I could get some 4wd parts haha