Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

more power

Old 03-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
Head of the MASTERS CIRCLE
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

mar_ga_rita's Tacoma Gallery
more power

Well after a long rainstorm with plenty of wind a tree in the yard fell over... has happened before and with my other truck I had absolutely no problems pulling it back up, was a 92 silverado with 9"s of lift, posi rear end, 383 stroker motor, and strait pipes, so I said what the hell the taco should be able to do it got the locking rear end... well she let me down. Now I dont expect to have nearly the power the silverado had but would like some power. I have done nothing to the engine other than the air filter and the filter housing mod. Is there anything else other than swap the engine or a supercharger that will get me some more power....
Old 03-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
headers
Old 03-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
headers
Yeah headers, air intake, supercharger, exhaust, 93 octane gas
Old 03-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
headers for sure.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #5
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

will headers also give me better fuel economy... or am I going to suffer..
Old 03-29-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
do u have a tacomaworld sticker on ur truck???
im assuming not cuz it get u 50+hp and 60+ft lbs of torque
Old 03-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
do u have a tacomaworld sticker on ur truck???
im assuming not cuz it get u 50+hp and 60+ft lbs of torque
naw no sticker... only one is a Tiger eye on the rear window not real big on decals
Old 03-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on headers and exhaust

not only do you get more power but it sounds waaay better
Old 03-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #9

alright so I am going to get headers... what kind... would like to match stock... meaning that just bolt up and everything lines up... and exhaust is coming in june...
Old 03-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #10
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
You may have to cut and weld on your catalitic convereters
Old 03-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #11

alright so I just searched ebay for a turbo for the tacoma... and came up with an electric turbo... that is too funny... has to be a waste of cash.... just thought i would throw that in for a laugh...
Old 03-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #13
Margarita, my brother has an 02 doublecab and he added a magnaflow exhaust and a K&N 77 Series cold air intake and notice a shit ton more power
Old 03-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-squared View Post
I've been looking at JBA headers and noticed that welding would be required. Not sure if I want to go that route.
Yea I hear ya... my last truck had an all custom exhaust... headers.. no cat, dual flowmaster series 40s single in dual out... truck was loud.. kinda grown up now so looking for something simple... not that I aint into customizing anymore just have more to spend money on
Old 03-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
Margarita, my brother has an 02 doublecab and he added a magnaflow exhaust and a K&N 77 Series cold air intake and notice a shit ton more power
kk the magna flow isnt that expensive... so he did it without headers or does he have headers also?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #16
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

must be mental then, not ragging just being realistic.

if u buy 600 dollars worth of mods for performance ur going to justify with urself that theres a change.

the most ur gonna see with a exhasust and cai is prob 5 hp.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkhi View Post
must be mental then, not ragging just being realistic.

if u buy 600 dollars worth of mods for performance ur going to justify with urself that theres a change.

the most ur gonna see with a exhasust and cai is prob 5 hp.
Yeah i have driven the truck when it was stock and then with the engine parts on so i would know how much better the trucks power is with those two parts added
Old 03-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Yeah i have driven the truck when it was stock and then with the engine parts on so i would know how much better the trucks power is with those two parts added
Which magnaflow series did he use?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:40 PM   #19
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I posted this on the forums before and it was ignored...but you can take the stock fan and its clutch off, put a thermostatically controlled electric fan in, gain between 5 and 15 horsepower, all for about 200 bucks.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #20
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
You're really comparing apples to oranges. As much as you'd like it to, the tacoma is NOT ever going to have the torque and power of a 383. Even with a supercharger boosting 9lbs, its not going to make that much of a pulling or towing difference. Headers, exhaust cai and some sort of tuner, you're only going to see....maybe 15hp... The only way to get significant power gains is forced induction, but dont expect it to be like your chevy...