Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I need some ideas

Old 03-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
bosoxwon09 is on a distinguished road
bosoxwon09's Tacoma Gallery
I need some ideas

I have a 2003 Toyota tacoma SR5 Pre-Runner with the TRD off road package. It has a stock lift already on it but i want to lift it a little bit and put some bigger tires and wheels on it. I was wondering if everyone could give me input on what lift owuld look good, and what tires and wheels owuld also look good. I dont want anything extreme
Old 03-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
most people (includeing me) will say stay away from spacer lifts
and go with bilstein 5100 front struts and aal in the rear
Old 03-29-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
how many inches should i do? i dont want it to look ridiculous
Old 03-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
the bilsteins are adjustable from stock to 2.5 inches of lift
i guess it all depends on what u use ur truck for most
off roading
street
but if u do set them at their max (2.5) u wont be able to get the front end alighned right
it will be off
but not by much
if its a big proulblem to u then u can get new UCA's
Old 03-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Def. dont go spacers! Like Higherlux said, do either bilsteins or coil lift. Check out "Toyteclifts.com" they have some great products and prices. But I think a good 3" would look good. And your allignment wont be that off with a 2.5".. but a 3" lift you might want to consider getting new UCA's, (IF) you start to have allignment issues.

And for the rear, go AAL or 3 leaf progressive AAL from Wheelers.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:16 PM   #6
now is that a 3'' lift from wat the stock lift i already have or do u mean take off the stock lift and put a 3'' lift on it. I wantt o be able to put 30'' tires on it
Old 03-31-2009, 04:02 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxwon09 View Post
now is that a 3'' lift from wat the stock lift i already have or do u mean take off the stock lift and put a 3'' lift on it. I wantt o be able to put 30'' tires on it
you can run 30 inch tires as is........you can run 265/75/16 tires, which are about 31's, with the stock suspension. when you install whatever lift you get..........look at it as you dont have a lift when you get your lift. if you get a 3 inch kit.....you'll have a 3 inch lift. if that makes sense.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
Ok i think wat im having problems with is, i have a stock suspension lift already on it i want to take it off and make it higher than it is now...but i dont kno wat the stock suspension is anyone have an idea? and why are spacers bad? can someone give me exactly wat i would need so i can jus look it up and see wat i am goign to have to dish out?
Old 03-31-2009, 08:04 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxwon09 View Post
Ok i think wat im having problems with is, i have a stock suspension lift already on it i want to take it off and make it higher than it is now...but i dont kno wat the stock suspension is anyone have an idea? and why are spacers bad? can someone give me exactly wat i would need so i can jus look it up and see wat i am goign to have to dish out?
well.......if you take the stock lift off...........the way it came from the factory, you wont really have too much to build from.....................unless you were totally doing a complete suspension.....new leafs, new front suspension. most of the kits that alot of folks get...such as a toytec 3 inch kit, go right along with the suspension you already have. like for the rear........you can get an aal(add a leaf), and it goes with the stock leaf pack. and in the front......they have coils that will work with your shocks, or you can get new shocks/coils in a complete kit. check out toytec.com................lots of good lifts there, and there isnt much you have to do with the stock suspension.

all you really need are aal's for the rear, and a new coil set up front to give you a 3 inch lift. blocks arent that great becasue they can crack, and the ride is alot rougher compared to aal's. spacers arent as good as better coils/ adjustable shocks for the reason that they can play hell on your suspension, and they ride rougher too.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:22 AM   #10
2004Taco will become famous soon enough

2004Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 2004Taco Send a message via Yahoo to 2004Taco
toytec coil spacers! cheap and simple....