LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

my little lift

Old 03-30-2009, 02:10 AM   #1
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
my little lift

coilovers vs drop down bracket is the dillema, I wish our little trucks could get more than 2.5'' of lift with coils. I feel as though I want more than that, the tuff country 5'' Drop down bracket makes the truck look real nice, But from what I hear, it isn't good for much wheeling. I dont do crazy rock crawling or high speed desert stuff. for me, I do moderate trails, with some hill climbs, mud holes, and small crawling. so I dont need a solid axle or LT, But I like the looks of a 5'' lift, and it would be sweet to have the clearance.
I know there's lots of info around, but I'm asking for your input, anyone done a drop down bracket and been happy with it?
Old 03-30-2009, 02:12 AM   #2
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
by the way, I'd also be getting the wheelers 5 leaf pack, and 5100's all around with ome 881's up front. anyone know of a 3'' or 4'' drop bracket?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
Ktaco will become famous soon enoughKtaco will become famous soon enough

Ktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the same problem. I was very close to getting the Tuff Country 5'' lift but changed my mind in the end. I only want to run 33'' tire no matter what lift I have so I chose to go with the Toytec ultimate lift kit. I will be oredering it soon. This lift will give me the clearence to run 33's (with minor work and the right rims) And will be a lot better off road. Your clearence is going to be better with the toytec lift due to the crossmember on the dropdown bracket kits. I'm going to get better flex as well. Another reason is that down the road if I want to put on the tuff country kit, I can use it with my toytec lift...so 5'' + the 3'' coilover setting = nicceee.

If you do choose to go with a drop bracket kit, my research has shown that tuff country and fabtech are the best lift options. Trialmaster has a second strut problem and I have heard a lot of stories of things breaking, and procomp 4'' is not recommended due to the spindle spacer set up.

Hope this helped.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #4

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
if you lift 3 inches without a drop down bracket, your cv joints are at some crazy angles and the boots will wear out causing major issues. thats the point of the drop down bracket
Old 03-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #5

Ktaco's Tacoma Gallery
A drop bracket lift kit, or a diff drop? I am getting a diff drop. Your safe with a 3 inch lift with a diff drop.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #6

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
the little diff drop spacers? i've heard their crap.
I'm talking drop bracket
Old 03-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #7

Ktaco's Tacoma Gallery
well for 20 bucks i'd rather play safe with the diff drop bracket with a 3 inch lift. A lot of ppl on here are running 3 inch lifts and report no CV problems thus far.

If you want a drop bracket kit then like I said I'd recommend Tuff country 5'' or Fabtec 6''. IMO those are the best.

Procomp makes a 4'' drop bracket. I have heard these are not so good.

It really depends what you plan on doing with your truck. Drop bracket kits are more for looks IMO. However, I know a lot of ppl around here that wheel with their drop bracket kits and dont have major issues.

Like I said I was in the same boat as you. My choice may not be the right one for you but just thought I'd give you some food for thought.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #8

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktaco View Post
Drop bracket kits are more for looks IMO.
I don't think you have the knowledge to properly be answering my questions if this is your response.

Anyone else who has experience?
Old 03-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #9
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Yeah Drop Brackets Suck off road! plus you dont gain any ground clearance in the front!
Old 03-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #10

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
wouldn't they be just as good as a coilover setup at stock height but with more room for tires and height
Old 03-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #11

Ktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I gave you my opinion. I see others share that opinion. If you don't want my help thats fine, but please keep an open mind to other options.