Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Abs

Old 03-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
Question Abs

I have a bet going on with my dad that my taco doesn't have anti lock brakes? Is this true of false?

I don't think it does because I have had my brakes lock up on my a few times and there was nothing anti lock about it they locked up and the truck slid out of control lol. So im sure someone knows the answer.

Thanks

The truck is a 2001 double cab 4x4 v-6
Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
blkcoma32 will become famous soon enough

blkcoma32's Tacoma Gallery
If it has ABS it will say ABS on the brake pedal too
Old 03-31-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
When you put the key in the ignition and turn it to on the abs light should light up or flash on the dash cant remember which one it does
Old 03-31-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
ABS was still an option in the 2001 model year. It didn't become 'standard' until the 2003 model year.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
Blackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Blackened Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
When you put the key in the ignition and turn it to on the abs light should light up or flash on the dash cant remember which one it does
x2 If the vehicle has ABS when started or turned on the vehicle does a system check and you will see an ABS light come and when the vehicle says all is good, it turns off, same as an airbag light and your check engine light etc. If you do not see a light then you do not have ABS. You have a about a 10%-20% chance that it has ABS. Most model year Tacomas that you have did not have ABS on them, still an option at that time and one that was not used often.