1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blinkers Not Working Properly HELP

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TRDEAN, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Mar 19, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    TRDEAN

TRDEAN [OP] Too bad it’s a PreRunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Dobbins, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner
    Speedometer, tailights (going to change), sub and amp, Kenwood Head unit Bilstein 5100 on rear CB RADIO smoked tail lights eagle wheels Kenda Klever MT Icebeam bulbs (superwhite) I WANT RETROFITS!
    I think I F***** up. i thought it would be a good idea to not only wire some halogen fogs to the hot wire on my running lights, but to put a 20 amp fuse in replacement of a 15 that blew because of the fogs using so much power. Now, when i have my running lights on, (keep in mind i took the fogs out and put the right fuse in) and i go to left turn signal with my foot on the brake, my reverse light in my tail lights comes on, ON BOTH TAIL LIGHTS, and flashes, looking like my hazards are on. if anyone can help i would appreciate it, cause i haven't been using my blinkers sense i found out. Could it be a relay? or do you think my wiring is melted? :confused:

2. Mar 19, 2014 at 3:24 PM
    TRDEAN

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Dobbins, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner
    Speedometer, tailights (going to change), sub and amp, Kenwood Head unit Bilstein 5100 on rear CB RADIO smoked tail lights eagle wheels Kenda Klever MT Icebeam bulbs (superwhite) I WANT RETROFITS!
  3. Mar 19, 2014 at 3:37 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    I have no idea if the brake switch and/or headlight switch are f'd. Maybe look for burned wiring.

4. Mar 20, 2014 at 6:53 AM
    TRDEAN

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Dobbins, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner
    Yeah ive been looking. i took the tail light out and checked, and everything looked fine. im going to have to follow the wire all the way down my chasse. it seems like to me that the left tailight, or the left running light caused this. because the fogs that i put in only had one power wire, and they were wired together, so i was using just the hot green wire on the left side. im gonna buy a relay and see what happens before i go burnt wire hunting. :(

5. Mar 21, 2014 at 6:46 AM
    TRDEAN

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Dobbins, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner
  6. Mar 21, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    Mod

Mod Well-Known Member

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    I think you nuked the relay. Check for heat discoloration on those wires for that.

Next time, add a independent relay and switch for your fogs. Tried cheating my way into the same type of deal years ago by just hot wiring the fogs thru the batt positive and ground switching them on. At the time,,,it was the hotter setup with the right bits. 2 8" KC 200's with no relay. My problem was that I couldn't find a switch that would take the heat. I ended up with a big blade switch that you see in the Frankey movies (Throw the switch egore!). Full battery shunt mega light out of those KC"s,,and they didnt burn out amazingly.

7. Mar 21, 2014 at 4:03 PM
    TRDEAN

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Dobbins, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner

finally! thanks for the tip ill check that out for sure! how much do you think a new relay will run me?

Products Discussed in

To Top